Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small primer tube issues

I just started reloading 9mm and I have having issues loading small primers into the tube. I am using the one with the yellow tip on one end and the blue tip on the other. I can only get about 10-15 primers into the tube before one gets jammed in the tube. I replaced the yellow tip but it is not helping. Any ideas?

I have had zero issues loading 45 acp with large primers.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm sure AT has done this but to the OP try a different box of primers after you make sure all the ends are tight etc. I had this problem once and it turned out to be a bad Win primer that was out of round.

If it boils down to the tubes then just call Dillon. They will send you new ones.

Having similar issues with the tubes - whether it was Winchester or CCI primers. I have cleaned tubes with alcohol, replaced tips, pushed the tips to make sure that they meet the end of the tube. You name it. It's happened with a couple tubes out of 12 or so. I threw them away and purchased ones that work fine. For all of the parts Dillon has replaced at no charge over the years, I bought some new ones from Brian. They're $7 or so ea. - don't knock yourself out. I sat there goofing with spilled primers, q-tips, etc., every now and then it pays to move on....

Dog

• 2 weeks later...