Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daa mr.bullet feeder questions

Hi all, i have a 650xl with powder check die installed. I was thinking of getting a daa mr. Bullet feeder but want to know if it is worth the price?

-anybody have bad experience with it?( i have searched this forum and everybody thinks it's great)

-do you miss having a powder check die in place of MBF? (i crimp and seat different stage and would like it that way)

-is it reliable and consistent?

-can you still see yourself reliading without it?

Thanks!!

Depends how much money you want to spend, i'm sure the Mr. Bullet Feeder is the cats nuts.

I am using the Hornady set up on my 650 for 45acp, 45 lc, 9mm and 38's. and after a little tinkering

have got it to work quite well at a third the cost. Sure it puts a bullet in upside down once in a

every 100 rounds but, i bet the more expensive one does also.(never used one). I found out though

that i've had to slow down somewhat so the bullet does'nt fall off from the movement of the press,

but i'ts not a race i'ts a hobby. My point of view. I don't use the powder check system, your eyes are

the best checker.

Edited by Grumpy's Toy

I've had mine for years with conversions for every caliber I reload. I can't see me every reloading without it. Once you get it dialed in you should never have a single problem with it. I like the new version even better than the one I have since it takes one more thing off of my reloading bench by hanging it off of my brass feed. I've never used the Hornedy system Grumpy mentioned but I've never had mine drop a bullet up side down after once getting the rotator set right. As for slowing down, Mr. Bulletfeeder is the opposite, I've sped up. I can average easy 1000+ rounds an hour with my 650. As for the powder check, I doubt you'll really miss it as long as you pay attention to what you're doing when you're running your press.

Hi all, i have a 650xl with powder check die installed. I was thinking of getting a daa mr. Bullet feeder but want to know if it is worth the price?

-anybody have bad experience with it?Uh, no.

-do you miss having a powder check die in place of MBF? I have never even considered running a powder check. I just pay attention while reloading.

-is it reliable and consistent? Absolutely

-can you still see yourself reliading without it? Sure, but it wouldn't be near the same.

Thanks!!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=160701entry1793161

well, i guess that settles it then. thanks A45100 and sarge for scratching the itch.

grumpy, i have looked at other bullet feeders but i wanted something with the least amount of footprint on the table as real estate is valuable.

The new Mr Bullet Feeder can be purchased for right at $425.00-450.00 making it not much more than the Hornaday. It was designed for the Dillon presses and can be setup in less than an hour. Pm for info where to get the best prices. I just bought my second one.

I thought about Mr. Bullet Feeder, but after thinking about it, realized I hated loading primers more than putting bullets on the cases - I've asked Santa for an RF 100 primer loader. I saw a box with the Dillon logo on it being wrapped last night!

Crydaddy, the Hornady mounts to the 650 strong mount, not mounted to your bench. Jax, it's not even close to the price of the Mr Bullet Feeder + you have a $150.00 cal. change out for MBF( i think?). I only had to buy 3 dies ($29.00 ea.) for doing 45acp, 45lc, 38, 357 and 9mm. I paid $209.00 for the unit + $60.00 in dies = $270.00.

To make 2 to 300 more rounds per hour, it's not worth the extra money, like i said before, it's a hobby not a race to the poorhouse.

Grumpy, one other readon why i eliminated the hornady was how finicky the casefeeder is and i do not want to go through it with a bullet feeder. My LNL is an awesome piece of equipment that mirrors the 650 except it is easier to change calibers

and a very substandard casefeerder.