Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fusion 1911 parts

vipertech

Was wondering if anybody has any experiance with thier parts? Are they quality parts to use on a custom 6" 9mm. Was looking to start messing around with one in the off season and they look like most of the machining is done so all you need to do is fit it to the frame. Is this the case or am I dreaming? lol

Yea I saw those posts, Was hoping to hear to some positives also. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and go with the Sti slide but it needs more machineing than I have access to right now. This will be going on a Para frame.

Edited by vipertech

Fusion doesn't make any of their parts. All are contracted out by various vendors. If you want a slide, look at one from STI, since Fusion mostly uses STI slides anyway. Or look into Remsport, who is also supplies slide and frame to Fusion. Call John at Remsport and see if he has a 6" slide for you.

I built up a fusion 9mm single stack. It was all STI parts. Frame, slide, barrel and bushing.

I purchased STI and a mix of other parts to finish up.

Not sure what the bashing would be about, it is all STI.

The point is, since they don't make any of their parts, it's not bad. But for them to assemble or fix your gun, well, that's another story.

That hasn't been my experience. Just the opposite. I had Bob Serva at Fusion build me a complete 6" upper .45acp that I had a local gunsmith then fit to a Les Baer frame.

I also own a Fusion Pro Series Tactical Elite that was completely built by Bob at Fusion.

Both guns run with great precision and with no malfunction issues. I couldn't be happier with them.