Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I buy a spare Mossberg 930 lifter somewhere?

JesseM

Mossberg has never had any parts. Had my 930 built by Benny over 2 years ago, and am still waiting to get a few parts for spares. They will NOT sell you any.

Maybe that's why I read somewhere, on this site, that Benny wasn't messing with Mossbergs anymore.

If they don't sell parts to consumers we're screwed.

I'll second that. I'll buy two personally and I know at least 3 others that would buy two each as well. If he's willing to make them, put a new thread out there to get a number count on how many and an approximate cost.

• 3 weeks later...

I had previously emailed them and got a reply to call and ask for tech support...my email was returned by Santa Hernandez

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SANTA Hernandez totally hosed me last year, selling me a spare barrel [including charging my CC] for a barrel that apparently had not been in production or available for over a year. Imagine how rotten it is to be cussing mad at a guy named SANTA...

I asked about the whole trigger group gunsmith thing and apparently they don't just let you say you are a gunsmith, you actually have to register with them to be authorized... So, if we find a way, I would be in for one too....

I had previously emailed them and got a reply to call and ask for tech support...my email was returned by Santa Hernandez

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SANTA Hernandez totally hosed me last year, selling me a spare barrel [including charging my CC] for a barrel that apparently had not been in production or available for over a year. Imagine how rotten it is to be cussing mad at a guy named SANTA...

I asked about the whole trigger group gunsmith thing and apparently they don't just let you say you are a gunsmith, you actually have to register with them to be authorized... So, if we find a way, I would be in for one too....

Man that's just one onerous pain in the ass. If the frenzy ever dies down I'm going to email mossberg and show them this thread.

I sent them a long Email concerning this and trying to find out if they had a list of "approved" suppliers of parts for their firearms. So far, nothing. Not the correct way to run a buisness in the current environment.........

Is it me, or would it not make business sense to sell parts for guns (via the gun maker)? Make more money? I heard through the grapevine (again, third hand so I can't verify) you won't find any 930 JM Pro's because Mossberg has it priced too low thus profit margin isn't as good as other. As a result, they are concentrating on other more lucrative guns. I know people that have been waiting since July to get one with no luck. Oh well.

I've been waiting since August myself & just got it - tho I ordered a 22" I took the 24" - yesterday. It was NOT what I expected. I saw one back during the summer & it was all de-horned & de-burred. The one I got looks like some machine stamped it out & sent it off w/o even giving it a once over. The magwell has a nick in it that is going to catch & rip my thumb too many times to think about. I've been an 1100 guy (I'm really an 870 guy, tho that ain't an auto) but the 930 JM Pro was - at least the one I first saw - something that was too good to pass up...I should'a passed even though I got an unbelievable price. I guess you get what you pay for.

Last Mossberg I'll ever buy. It'll wind up as a ranch gun in Idaho.

Ok, heres a question, how close is Mossberg's lifter to other brand lifters? I modified an 1100 Charging handle to fit my 930SPX, before Choate started making them for the 930. It occurs to me that most lifters more or less have to be close to the same dimensions, I wonder if there is another part, say out of a benelli or something that is close enough to be modifyable to work in the 930?

• 5 months later...

I've been trying to get the Mossberg distributor here in New Zealand to get me some in. The problem is that Mossberg don't want to ship the lifter - they want to ship the entire mechanisim, which is not what I want. I suspect other gunmsiths and distributors will be having the same/similar issue.