Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Strickfire

czambesi

Question - Looking to purchase one for use on a utility/ truck AR. It will not be co-witness due to use of flip-ups. Is the low-mount too low or just about right on a flat top AR? Only have see the tall one in stores and rather not order the short one online and then have to order the tall mount.

If anyone has one and used a different mount that the one that came with it that worked alot better, please post it up.

Thanks for the assist,

Chris

Vipers - if you could, I would appricate it.

EKu- Will look into them, Thanks!

Graham - I can't find the lows in stock to compare the two. Only seen the tall in person

Alamo- Thanks for the input. Nice choice of rifle, really want one to use for 3-gun.

Tom D - Good question, what is everyone getting out of theirs?

Thanks,

Chris

Hello: If you look at the Vortex website they give the heights of the 2 mounts to the center of the scope. I think the tall one is close to the height of a C-More with a railway mount. I will be looking at one of these this week to see if it will work on my 10/22 and AR. Thanks, Eric

I have two of the red only strikefires and have used them a decent amount of time on the same battery. Neither are in defensive weapons so I'm going to see how long they live.

Here is what is listed on the vortex website

Battery Life 6-hour auto-shutdown feature maximizes battery life. Typical battery life in normal mode of operation: Maximum brightness of 130 hours (Red) | 420 hours (Green); Minimum brightness of 4400 hours (Red) | 4700 hours (Green). Typical battery life in night vision mode: Maximum brightness of 7200 hours (Red) | 7200 hours (Green); Minimum brightness of 7600 hours (Red) | 8000 hours (Green).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have 2 strikefires. The first one I bought was the low mount. I sent it back for the high mount. The low is way to low. Battery life is great. In my opinion its a good red dot for the money to put on a AR. You can read all over the web about how guys would not trust it on a real combat rifle and they would not trust thier life with one and so on. I can tell you that one off my Strikefires has seen a lot of abuse and it still works fine. I use it in monthly rifle club matches and have dropped it , beat it around and its gotten wet a few times. Its actually starting to look kind of rough. No its not a Aimpoint but I would recomend one to anyone. PS. Throw away the magnifier it comes with. Its junk.