Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loki still in business?

sarge863

There's been some good exchange of ideas here about how to deal with the OP's situation, but all the soap-boxing has to stop now.

No more, "Here's my LOKI horror story" or similar stuff. Take those to LOKI. They don't belong here.

Any more posts in that vein will be deleted without notice and may incur penalties for deliberately violating BE Forum guidelines.

Thanks in advance for your restraint. I know it ain't easy...

I agree.

And if there was still a Loki to take these complaints to I think everyone here would. However, opted than the response I got today, our complaints to the company have fallen on deaf ears.

This forum is the only avenue we have had to contact each other and gain any knowledge on what others are experiencing, or the status of the company.

Again, I agree that we should restrain ourselves, and try to only post valuable information.

People posting on this forum alerted me that I needed to take action to save and/or attempt to save myself $866.30. Had everyone followed the posted guideline to the letter, I would have wound up losing any recourse by running past the window to dispute the charge on my credit card and some of the hundreds of others who have read this thread could have unfortunately found themselves wishing for their long gone money back had they not been alerted here.

And that's a good thing. But the dog-piling here of 'all that is wrong with LOKI' is over. If the info already posted isn't enough for someone to know whether they need to take action, they're not paying attention.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think credit card companies would be the best avenue of regaining loss. If not purchased by credit card, I believe in person contact would be a reasonable choice.

I would think as many people that are involved, there would be someone who might live in the area who could go on behalf of many to speak with the business owner. Failing that, there are many brothers in blue involved, I'd think someone might be able to make personal contact with another brother in that area who could make personal contact and ask for property to be returned.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

I dont think we should be discussing anything legal here. We would at best be speculating at what intent was or was not present at the Loki company.

I dont believe there has been any other complaints of LOKI holding someones property other than my Surefire brake. I was contacted about that particular item today (after persistant attemtps to reach LOKI), and at least for now, I will give the benefit of the doubt that it will be returned to me in a timely manner.

This thread has been very useful in alerting LOKI customers and establishing what seems to be the best course of action at this time (refuting the payment with your bank or CC company), and I advise everyone affected to do this.

So far, there has been one report of a bank denying the reinbursement to a Loki customer, and at that point I believe the problem turns into something that needs to be handled away from this forum.

I WOULD like to hear the outcomes of everyones situation though.

I would think credit card companies would be the best avenue of regaining loss. If not purchased by credit card, I believe in person contact would be a reasonable choice.

I would think as many people that are involved, there would be someone who might live in the area who could go on behalf of many to speak with the business owner. Failing that, there are many brothers in blue involved, I'd think someone might be able to make personal contact with another brother in that area who could make personal contact and ask for property to be returned.

Tar

I agree, in-person would be ideal. However, I have not heard from anyone affected that lives local to the company. Also, an in-person meeting is difficult to arrange when a line of communication can not be established, no? Given the owners reluctance to answer his phone, texts, or return emails, I'd say he isnt to keen on meeting with the disgruntled customers.

I have managed to "camp" on people's door steps who owed me, and been absolutely successful in recovering what was mine. My experience has been that they eventually do show up. This is impossible with a large business, but small business owners are a different matter. I remember one guy who wouldn't pay me for acting work and after a long, long time of attempting to collect, I finally showed up at his office in my Karate uniform and told him how much fun I was having and how much I was learning. I left with a check.

I remember another who owed me for limo work. I managed to "catch" him going from his car to his house. He was quite startled. I had my best dog with me, a very persuasive fellow. I asked nicely, left with a check.

And yet a 3rd, a famous football player who owed me for welding work. I had his personal cell phone number and managed to reach him at a very important dinner. A check was forthcoming. Persistence pays off and it becomes easier to pay up than to continue the dance.

I think most small business owners are basically good people and when their business goes down they are sad and overwhelmed. My experience has been, look them in the eye, give them a chance, and they will quite often do their best to make things right.

The world of 3 gun is a small one filled with strong personalities, and it's best if possible, not to piss them off. I think ya'll have that in your favor.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

There's been some good exchange of ideas here about how to deal with the OP's situation, but all the soap-boxing has to stop now.

No more, "Here's my LOKI horror story" or similar stuff. Take those to LOKI. They don't belong here.

Any more posts in that vein will be deleted without notice and may incur penalties for deliberately violating BE Forum guidelines.

Thanks in advance for your restraint. I know it ain't easy...

I agree.

And if there was still a Loki to take these complaints to I think everyone here would. However, opted than the response I got today, our complaints to the company have fallen on deaf ears.

This forum is the only avenue we have had to contact each other and gain any knowledge on what others are experiencing, or the status of the company.

Again, I agree that we should restrain ourselves, and try to only post valuable information.

And that conversation would ideally occur via pm. No need for those details to continue to be posted here.

Why are we trying to protect the reputation of a company that looks like it may be about to rip off a lot of people? I don't get that reasoning. If its one of those things like "because I said so". Fine but I think that does a disservice to the community.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Pat,

you're welcome to think whatever you like, and to enforce any policy you desire on your forum. In this case our host has made it abundantly clear that he does not wish to air customer service issues on his forum. We are going to respect his house rules.