Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ97 Limited 10

ejevans45

I'd love to see one and you don't really need a magwell anyway.

Magazines are double stack so they taper at the mouth. With practice, that is plenty fast enough really.

I say go for it and post plenty of pictures because I would love to see one!

I think dedicated L10 guns are just cool.

The Tanfoglio large frame mag well should be workable (the magazines are the same) although I would go with something which bolts on, so it can be removed to access the hammer spring plug. The extended base pads for the large frame Witness should also fit (if you end up using a mag well). Other than that, a SAO trigger/hammer should be all you need. In selecting the hammer, you will need to either use a narrow hammer like the stock one, or file the notch in the back of the frame to accept a full width hammer like the TS or the Shadow.

I really like the stock hammer/trigger for the TS and the price is right too! ($20 for the hammer from CZC and $9 for the trigger from CZUSA). I used them for a SAO conversion on my Witness long slide:

P1000688_zpsdb48a2c5.jpg

It's my understanding the frame of the CZ97 is the same as the TS frame...which is also shared with the CzechMate. If that's true, the magwell for the TS...or CzechMate...will do you.

A-G

No dice. The 97B is not the same frame as the TS/Czechmate; the TS and the Czechmate are wide bodied, small frame guns whereas the 97B is a large frame gun which has a longer (from front to back) mag well to accommodate the longer .45 rounds (and potentially 10mm/.38 Super...).

The 97B frame is very similar to the large frame Tanfoglio, the only difference being the location of the hammer spring: down the back of the grip on the 97B (like a 75) and transverse on the Tanfo. Since the Tanfo does not have a spring down the back of the grip it is almost the same length front to back as the small frame guns.

I really like the Cajun conversions and was looking at them for most of the parts. Just trying to see if the project is doable. I like doing most of the tinkering myself; I will send it to the experts for the technical stuff.