Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unidentified Headstamp

swatcop

So I just got done rolling some practice rounds and came across an unidentified headstamp. I had about 10 in lot and the resizing die would not punch out the primer. The only markings were "PPV .40 S&W". Does anyone recognize the stamp and/or have a idea why they wouldn't punch out.

This is not good news about the Privi. I just finished sorting brass into different caliber buckets. The 40 bucket I know has several hundred PPV head stamps in it. I know cause I shot the factory PPV ammo and then picked up the brass. UGH!!!

Any suggestions?

This is not good news about the Privi. I just finished sorting brass into different caliber buckets. The 40 bucket I know has several hundred PPV head stamps in it. I know cause I shot the factory PPV ammo and then picked up the brass. UGH!!!

Any suggestions?

After I discovered the issue the other night I separated them out and tested almost all of them. None of the primers punched out. Do what I did, scrap brass bucket.

• 1 month later...

Ive been loading the snot out of it. No issues at all. Anyone who wants to trash theirs, feel free to let me know where you are tossing it. Not a dang thing wrong with it. Maybe not the heaviest or most consistent around, but perfectly serviceable with reasonable major loads.