Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reload standards at Nationals.....

hopalong

I know this is posted on the main post but you know they don't have the fast reloads like we do. :P:D:lol:

Jerry M aside what are any of ya'll going to do?

I think I am shooting for all A's and not reloading, take 75 points and go to the next stage.

At the TN section the Long range standards weighted so heavy in the match that you had to not zero it ( or way down there) or you were lost.

For a Revolver shooter I call this one a Survival stage, don't let it kill you but don't kill it. <_<

SAM

I had put a post in on this stage in late July, and what I think would be the best way to approch the stage. Even thou I'm not going to the nationals, I did take the time to set up the stage and try it a few times. The best way to shoot it for a revolver is to take your full 5 seconds and not worry about reloading. Like I said, I don't think that Jerry could do a fast enough reload, especially at 30 and 25 yards. It'll be a combination of a survival and points stage.

Practicing this stage with Jerry is a lesson in pay attention to what you're doing and not what the other people on the line are up to. I'm usually on my 2nd shot after the reload once Jerry gets his load done then RIPS 3 shots as fast as possible no matter what distance he's shooting at. It could be unnerving it you let it. When we shot this stage at a local club match last month, Jerry shot a 72 on it. Since he's started practicing it, he's shooting 24-30 down.

We were shooting this one the other night, very interesting indeed. I had tons of time left after most of the strings. "Slow down, be deliberate" should be your mantra. On strinig 1, three good alphas ='ing 15pts is better than shooting too fast and getting 2C's 3D's and a Mike (10pts total, like I did my first attempt)icon8.gif. It seems that shooting for Alpha's , reloading and shooting for another Alpha on 1 of the three targets is do-able for most and if you can walk away from string 1 with 20pts you're doing well.

String 3 (2 each Freestyle/ reload / 1 each Freestyle) are gimmie points. You need get at least 42pts on that one alone! (no more than 3 C's). For you high A-class to GM level shooters, there's just no excuse for shooting Delta's freestyle at 15yds with the 5 second time limit.

Good luck. ;)