Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TRIGGER PULL 686 SSR

LAST CHANCE SAM

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith to lighten the double action pull of my 686SSR ?I have changed trigger return spring , and replaced the factory main spring with a WOLF , plus polished the return spring housing, this helped the single action pull but not the double action, The double action pull seems to be between 12 lbs.- 15 lbs.. The pistol is , or was new with maybe 1500 rounds through it, but is way too heavy trigger pull for me . Thanks Sam

I find putting a small amount of bend in the mainspring effective in reducing DA trigger pull. Be advised you'll need to run Federal primers to get reliable ignition if you want to go with a really low DA pull.

Well, on my SSR I have a 100% reliable ignition with deep seated Federal primers only, at 5,7 Lb.

How is the weight of your trigger return spring? I advice to you to try the 11 and after try (If you feel also good return) remove 1 or 2 coil.

And polish the surface of this spring.

For cut the spring and have a flat surface, cut, grind it and after warm with a oxidric flame to become red hot, with a fine forceps keep close the last coil

and wait to be cool. Now the coil keep new straight position.

Install an extended firing pin, from C&S or Apex for example and take a reduced firing pin spring (Apex includes it in kit), but if you are lucky

searching you can find a spring that work good for you anywhere, also in a pencil for example.. cut it and try. Be shure is not too short, or too weak otherwise the firing pin not return.

Check if you have endshake, if you have it, fix also for 0,002 or up.

Only after this works, you can go to touch the tension of your mainspring.

For me work good the Wilson.

When you have 100% ignition, stop in this position the mainspring screw with a little drop of Loctite blu (medium) or a simple nail paint.

And if you want, sign with a marker. If the screw moves, you can check it simply.