Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2round forend shell holder

rngunner

Got mine from Shooters Connection. I think 3gungear had them also.

Hi again gng4life

Just looked them up again and neither will ship international, about time the US government sorted out this stupid system of what constitutes a danger to sell, and who to.

I thought the English were on their side.

• 2 weeks later...

mgunner, it's not so much a "dangerous" limitation, it's a money grab. EVERY company whose product is exported now has to have a license to export. In the past, a distributor could have an export license and export everything in their inventory. Now, the manufacturer has to also have a license. Many don't want to pay the fee and have the govt. getting into their business with all the paperwork, especially if the overseas sales won't justify the expense - from what I understand it can cost them thousands of dollars. Brownells now has four people just to cover "compliance" with all the various govt regs - shipping, safety, labeling etc. Plus two people making sure we stay legal on the FFL items.

mgunner, it's not so much a "dangerous" limitation, it's a money grab. EVERY company whose product is exported now has to have a license to export. In the past, a distributor could have an export license and export everything in their inventory. Now, the manufacturer has to also have a license. Many don't want to pay the fee and have the govt. getting into their business with all the paperwork, especially if the overseas sales won't justify the expense - from what I understand it can cost them thousands of dollars. Brownells now has four people just to cover "compliance" with all the various govt regs - shipping, safety, labeling etc. Plus two people making sure we stay legal on the FFL items.

Yep. License fee is $2250 a year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Safariland plastic 2 shell holder held on by velcro strips from home depot. Another option for those who dont like the elastic

George

I use the same thing, I got mine at Brownells for $5-6.00. This is weird because my name is also George and last name starts with D but I live in MD