Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiocchi primers...had to be different

njl

I accidentally ordered Fiocchi SPP from grafs, thinking they were Federal. Oh well...a bit of research didn't turn up anything bad about them, and the price was right...so today they arrived and I find they're in trays of 150. I've never seen primers in trays other than 100. I'm guessing 150 aren't even close to going to fit in an RL550b primer magazine...so how do you deal with these? Carefully dump out 100, load them, then dump the remaining 50 and carefully dump another 50 from another tray? Sounds like lots of fun.

I just resized a few Win 9mm and seated the Fiocchi primers in them, and they seem to go in easily enough. The anvils are red! Never seen that before either.

If I'm lucky, I'll get out this weekend and shoot some side by side with CCI primers and see if there's any noticeable difference.

I've been using them for a couple of years, never had a problem. If you have more than one primer pickup tube, just pick them up until the tube is full, then start another. If you have three tubes, then two 150 sleeves work just fine. :P The price is also very good.

I've been using them for a couple of years, never had a problem. If you have more than one primer pickup tube, just pick them up until the tube is full, then start another. If you have three tubes, then two 150 sleeves work just fine. :P The price is also very good.

I do have spare tubes. I guess now I finally have a use for them. I assume each SP tube will hold a little more than 100...but whatever fits the tube will fit the magazine?

What kind of guns (and their spring set-ups) are you getting 100% functioning with the S&B's?

Thanks.

What kind of guns (and their spring set-ups) are you getting 100% functioning with the S&B's?

Thanks.

If you are referring to seller and bellot primers, They function 100% in my Benny Hill 6 in with an extended firing pin. They also function 100% in my glock 22 with a glocktriggers challenger kit.

Even more annoying, having used one tray of the Fiocchi SPP, I see that their trays are 18 rows of 8 + 1 row of 6. I'd like to know what whoever thought that up was thinking. Definitely not metric :)

The tray setup is slightly annoying with them since I try to load up the pick up tries in multiples of 100.

I never tried them before yesterday, but loaded up about 1500 rounds of 45, 38 and 357 with them. In hindsight I shouldn't have done that much with them right away just in case they were bad. But I shot 150 45s that were loaded up yesterday and every single one went bang. They are good to go.

Just wish they switched to a different tray that actually makes sense.

Haha I'm in the same boat. I picked up some on the last grafs sale price. 150 in a tray is just weird. Havent loaded any yet, but glad to see that they are running great for other users. I got 12K of them so this is fantastic news. Its not really a big deal tho as long as you have more that 1 primer pickup tube.