Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Production Gun Question

latewatch

From the NRA rule book for Production Class:

(a) Grips may be replaced or modified to fit the competitor’s hand or to facilitate loading. Checkering,

stippling, grip tape and grip sleeves are permitted.

So on a Glock is it permitted to remove the finger grooves and double undercut the trigger guard??

I would think that may be OK, right up until you arrive at the Cup. :goof:

Personally I would say no, may not be specifically said in the rules you can't but I suspect it would go against the intent of words also found in the rules about not making major external modifications. Bobbing the hammer off a 686 is not allowed, could be construed as essentially the same type and or level of modification.

As you quote checkering and stippling grip tape and sleeves allowed, you would appear to be doing none of those. You are removing large lumps, which, if I was doing it, could "accidentally fall off" in the checkering process, but under-cutting the trigger guard may be a bit too noticable! :devil:

I would think that may be OK, right up until you arrive at the Cup. :goof:

Personally I would say no, may not be specifically said in the rules you can't but I suspect it would go against the intent of words also found in the rules about not making major external modifications. Bobbing the hammer off a 686 is not allowed, could be construed as essentially the same type and or level of modification.

As you quote checkering and stippling grip tape and sleeves allowed, you would appear to be doing none of those. You are removing large lumps, which, if I was doing it, could "accidentally fall off" in the checkering process, but under-cutting the trigger guard may be a bit too noticable! :devil:

\

It seems like replacement or modification of the replacement is ok but subtraction of material may be a problem (hard with Tupperware). I am thinking that the trigger guard will be a frame modification and not thought of as part of the grip. Sanding down the finger grooves sounds ok like many do to Hogue grips but I would call the NRA before using the Dremel.

Edited by toothguy

I would agree about calling up the NRA, when I talked to Tom about the Grip Force for the Glock, he basically said that they allow fitting the gun to your hand (not saying the Grip Force in Production legal as I haven't gotten around to email him, I have to make time for that). Now I am not sure how far that goes, but it seems like the NRA takes a more liberal interpetiation of the grip modification rules than say the USPSA, or IDPA.