Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match bump -vs- classifier

Paul-the new guy

I was classified in ESP as a MM on 6/26/2011, I shot a sanctioned match in March, 2012 and got a bump to SS, it wasn't recorded at IDPA headquarters. I shot another sanctioned match in April, 2012 as a SS (even though IDPA thinks I am a MM) and I came in 1st so I got another match bump to EX. I went to shoot a sanctioned match last month and they told me I didn't have a valid ESP classification because my last classifier was 6/2011. My question is why would they not count a match bump as a classifier and make the date 12 months from the match date?

I was classified in ESP as a MM on 6/26/2011, I shot a sanctioned match in March, 2012 and got a bump to SS, it wasn't recorded at IDPA headquarters. I shot another sanctioned match in April, 2012 as a SS (even though IDPA thinks I am a MM) and I came in 1st so I got another match bump to EX. I went to shoot a sanctioned match last month and they told me I didn't have a valid ESP classification because my last classifier was 6/2011. My question is why would they not count a match bump as a classifier and make the date 12 months from the match date?

Asked and answered: http://idpaforum.yuk...s-it-to-be-Shot

Jane - Your search fu is strong.

Paul: You have to SHOOT the classifier every 12 months.

Page 52

7. Obtain a valid classification and maintain it by shooting the

classifier at least once every twelve (12) months (except master

class shooters).

Good for whoever was running that match for actually checking. This is the first account I've heard about of someone being turned away (at least for one division) because their classifier wasn't up to date. I can't remember ever having my card checked in dozens of majors over the past several years. I've always had it up to date, though, just in case.

Every time I got a bump at nationals they sent a new card with bump in class earned as well as current classification in everything else, signed by Bill Wilson and all were good for another year.

Just bump to MA in athe pistol classes and shoot to master in the revo classes and you won't have to mess with the classifier anymore.

Edited by jmorris

Question... if you get a bump at a sanctioned match... say from SS to EX.. and you then shoot the required annual Classifier and fail to shoot a EX score... are you still EX? And, does your match bump EX classification exist in the data base? Or, if your card wasn't signed after the match bump to elevate you to EX... does your SS Classifier take precedence?

What are you?... and how do you prove what you are?

Question... if you get a bump at a sanctioned match... say from SS to EX.. and you then shoot the required annual Classifier and fail to shoot a EX score... are you still EX? And, does your match bump EX classification exist in the data base? Or, if your card wasn't signed after the match bump to elevate you to EX... does your SS Classifier take precedence?

Thou shalt not goeth downeth in classification 'ceptin' in special circumstances.

I've shot plenty of MM classifiers since I made SS...

The IDPA website has an area for uploading information about major match classification bumps.

If your card wasn't signed... let your conscience be your guide.... fct_ae75fa2d7e7fed6.jpg

If your card wasn't signed... let your conscience be your guide.... fct_ae75fa2d7e7fed6.jpg

Consciences in are dangerous compasses in IDPA Jane. Many have followed dark glow of their tortured, proceduraled souls into an Unknown Seductive Pernicious Siren's Arms, from whence they never return the same...

Thou shalt not goeth downeth in classification 'ceptin' in special circumstances.

I've shot plenty of MM classifiers since I made SS...

The IDPA website has an area for uploading information about major match classification bumps.

Can my Conscience be ported and run a Red dot sight?