Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ITRC O4 Pictures from Day 1

No monkey bars and no fire pole for me either

I was so intent on climbing up that I didn't realize the fire pole was the only way down from that platform! I had seen some guys doing it, but they were high-speed, low-drag types and I figured they just preffered it. So, I'm blowing pretty hard and looking about 10-12 ft down this pole going WTF?? :unsure: They didn't give us old guys a way down? Nothing to do but..... Geronimo!

I'm looking for a partner, we shoot deer from helicopters here, (if we can't poison them :angry:) should give us an edge!

You do the helo work, I'll do the firepole. ;) Not too sure how hip I am about flying in one of those glorified wind-up toys. The rest of it sounds like a hoot!

The helicopter was a side event and had no impact on overall match score, the prize for first place was a pair of JP-15 rifles, though. I figure you have to die of something, and a flaming helicopter wreck would make a better story for my kids that heart disease! :huh:

Hoot. Good word.

As my physical condition continues to improve, you guys are really making me want to try this.

At my current rate of progress we're looking at about the year 2073, but it's still do-able.

I may not ever do "the big one," but someday, somehow I'm going to do something substantially similar that is within my ability level!

I figure you have to die of something, and a flaming helicopter wreck would make a better story for my kids that heart disease!

Flying twinkie helicopters is a great way to avoid old age. Flying twinkie helos at speeds below what you need to autorotate is guaranteed early "retirement" sooner or later. Give me an ex-Vietnam pilot and I might do it. Those guys are generally smart enough to keep the damn thing moving. They skid 'em off and skid 'em on.

And yes, fixed wings and I'm good to go. My Dad and uncles all used to hunt coyotes out of a J-3 cub. Something I'd LOVE to try.

Voigt and Cooley have won this match in years past. I like to think that this years third place finishers would have wiped the floor with them. But who knows. I keep hoping Matt Burkett will get a partner and come up, or that V and C will return. Kind of like Jeremiah Johnson, you measure yourself against the competition. Don't know which branch did the best overall, but I wouldn't stand downrange and taunt the team of mountain Marines. The Nebraska guardsmen did well as well.

I triple dog dare all IPSC and 3 gun hot rocks to shoot this match!

Yeah, I was surprised too. Chad is a local shooter, he and his teammate just destroyed everyone last year. He said before the match that his long gun was only running one MOA. I figured that to mean 1/4 MOA and he was going to stomp everyone again this year! Guess maybe he was telling the truth. :huh:

Sometimes the bullets fly funny for everyone.

"I triple dog dare all IPSC and 3 gun hot rocks to shoot this match! "

First place Team had a 3-Gunner on the team and 10th, 11th and 13th were all 3-Gunners-I would say thats pretty good for their first time there.

JD, we will see you next year at SMM3G and RM3G

RM3G

I triple dog dare all IPSC and 3 gun hot rocks to shoot this match!

If JJ and I arent at the big year long 3-Gun match overseas next year, we will be there.

Me shooting my Tubb in 6.5-284 and JJ shooting his JP-15.

Just looks like too much fun. That and you dared me.

Rhino,

Last year I shot one of Dave Lauck's MR-30-PGs in .300 RUM. With scope the thing weighs between 25 and 30 pounds, closer to thirty. It has a 30 inch 1.25" OD barrel with a muzzle break. The thing is basically a benchrest rail gun, and shoots like a dream. BUT....it almost gave me a heart attack, and slowed us down considerably.

Comparatively, the Tubb is a lightweight, can't say that it is much more cumbersome than your average AR.