Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro vs Julie Golob model

Langenator

I like the 5" Pros, had two of them, a 9mm and the .40. When I found out I couldn't shoot the .40 in Production, I sold both. I can't understand why the 5" Pro is still not on the 'Approved Production gun list'.

I like the 5" Pros, had two of them, a 9mm and the .40. When I found out I couldn't shoot the .40 in Production, I sold both. I can't understand why the 5" Pro is still not on the 'Approved Production gun list'.

Why can't you shoot it in Production? You're limited to scoring as Minor PF, sure, but that shouldn't stop you from running the .40 Pro in Production if you'd rather be shooting it for whatever reason.

Sounds like you already moved on, but I could see a person starting out with the .40 Pro in Production with .40 minor ammo then rather easily building it into a Limited blaster.

If you're loading your own ammunition I've been hearing .40 minor loads are nice and soft.

Why can't you shoot it in Production?

5" .40 M&P not approved for production at this time.

That's what I love about this forum... I learn things here I don't hear others talking about. I wasn't aware that particular M&P didn't make the list due to production numbers and just saw the other thread indicating they're not there yet. A bit surprising...