Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

End Of Watch

renzo808

It was quite good, very emotionally intense. The characters feel like real people. If you're looking for a cop movie, this isn't it. This is a movie about the lives of a couple of guys that happen to be be cops, and how those lives play out when they come into contact with the brutality of (an exaggerated version of) the LA streets.

I would put it in the "glad I saw it, don't really want to watch it again" category along with Requiem For A Dream.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the ending was not what I would have liked to see. (Cops getting shot at and no backup for 10 minutes in LA...)

As a whole I did like the movie and it was one of the most accurately depicting cop movies I have ever seen to date (with the exception of stated above)

• 2 months later...

Thought it was a good movie until the end. Not that I didn't like the ending, just seemed to me the really tried for realism during the whole movie until the last 15 minutes.

Other than that, I would definitely watch it again, and I'd recommend it. I liked the banter back and forth. It really felt like two guys busting each other's balls instead of forced scripted dialogue.

I wouldn't say it was better than Training Day, but I probably wouldn't compare it to Training day either. It was very entertaining, but it's just another movie depicting South Central as ALL of L.A. The end did suck, and they use a lot of profanity.