Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All around SG birdshot, buck & slug loads/brands for 930 JP Pro?

shuter

Just getting started in 3 gun and picked up a 930 JM Pro. What are you guys running in your 12 gauges for loads, shot size, & economical yet reliable shells for birdshot loads?

How about buckshot?

Slugs?

Thanks

shuter

With a range of chokes, I believe shotshell choice is pretty lenient.

Birdshot - cheapest, whatever cycles. Make sure your gas system is clean before testing

buckshot - havent had to use it in a match because of a long barrel and choke

Slugs - Alot of people go for low recoil stuff. I just got the cheapest Winchester loads from Walmart. May want to do some extensive testing if you want more than entire IPSC torso accuracy

Bird... I use Wally World federals

Slug... B&p just started selling their low recoils slugs again.

http://www.bandpusa.com/b-p-slug/

Buck... I like the federal flight control 00

Make sure this stuff cycles your gun. Also for the buck and especially the slugs, check your POA/poi. Point of aim/impact. They can very depending on the gun.

After that... Practice, practice, practice... Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

First, if you go to a major, ignore the prior 2 posts. Use QUALITY ammo, like Win AAs or Rem STS. The 1145 fps of either, in 7.5 or 8 will be 90% +/- of what you will shoot. If you want to use cheap crap for local matches and practice, go ahead, but don't take cheap stuff to a major EVER!

Buckshot is rarely needed or required except for at a few matches. If you need it, make sure you know what is required. Some disallow FliteControl. Most buckshot will be fine, but you do need to check cycling and PATTERNS before you head out and buy a bunch. I like the Fiocchi 1325 fps #4 and #00 and #00 Flitecontrol.

Slugs, buy 10 of each, B&P, Win, Rio, Rem, Fed low recoil and get ye to the range to see what you and your gun like, for the chokces you will likely run for birdshot. You will want to be able to hold the A zone at 50 yards minimum. Pick one, buy enough to get you through the year.

Edited by MarkCO

The Federal 4packs are fine for the cheap ammo. I would avoid the winchester 4 packs as they tend to have more problems. If the rounds cycle you gun use them. If your missing shots, its not the fault off the ammo as even the cheap 4 pack ammo performs fine for what we are shooting if the shooter does their part

Picked up Winchester Super Target 7.5 shot target loads at Cabela's yesterday. Price was $45 for a case of 250. I was skeptical but ran my gun pretty hard today after patterning. Over 100 shells and didn't hiccup once. I was shocked the low brass stuff worked so well, and patterned nicely with my Briley LM extended choke.