Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

500 S&W

56hawk

We ran a side-match like that last year. 41 Magnum minimum; shots were double-value (Only one hit required. A "C" hit was scored "2C").

We had several S&W 29s, a Desert Eagle 50, and a S&W 500 in attendance. It was FUN!!

Wow... got me beat, closest for me was at a local tac rifle match. They had a m29 mountain gun as the stage pistol I think you had to shoot 2 or 3 shots at close targets. It was your choice of ammo, either ultra light .44 special or full house magnums. I think most folks elected to shoot the magnums. It was a hoot. I can't imagine shooting a whole match with something like that though... What did your arms feel like the next day?

Edited by caspian guy

What did your arms feel like the next day?

Not bad. Even though it's a snubnose it still weights a lot. I did cut my thumb and trigger finger though. Cylinder release caught my thumb and I got my finger pinched between the trigger and frame.

What did your arms feel like the next day?

Not bad. Even though it's a snubnose it still weights a lot. I did cut my thumb and trigger finger though. Cylinder release caught my thumb and I got my finger pinched between the trigger and frame.

Nice! First thing to modify on a SW revolver is dehorning the trigger, it will chew you up even with .38 loads if you have a properly high grip.

Those fire rings were crazy!

I think this will be my next house gun. Can you imagine the shock and awe this would impart should you set this off indoors? You can even see that the dust is kicked up as the vortex finally reaches the dirt. Too cool.

Edited by JimmyZip