Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What does it mean to...

ChrisG164

Couple of things... Squeezing/expanding the tube body to proper dimensions, smooth/polish the inside of the tube, smooth up the follower removing any burrs (you want follower and spring to move like melted butter inside without any catching), taking a diamond coated file and smooth the feed lips to remove any burrs, bending the feed lips to proper dimensions for the caliber while ensuring the front of the feed lips are opened up a little more than the rear of the feed lips.

And I'm sure there are more steps involved, but those are the ones that I used. Purchase a Dawson mag tuning kit and you get a video that explains most of it.

Couple of things... Squeezing/expanding the tube body to proper dimensions, smooth/polish the inside of the tube, smooth up the follower removing any burrs (you want follower and spring to move like melted butter inside without any catching), taking a diamond coated file and smooth the feed lips to remove any burrs, bending the feed lips to proper dimensions for the caliber while ensuring the front of the feed lips are opened up a little more than the rear of the feed lips.

And I'm sure there are more steps involved, but those are the ones that I used. Purchase a Dawson mag tuning kit and you get a video that explains most of it.

Thanks, that's a lot more steps than I imagined

Does it even make sense to use factory unturned mags in a custom built open gun?

An open guns slide -Normally-moves a lots faster than a limited slide. My open gun would run fine with clean mags and good springs. = I would change them every year.

my limited gun with the very same mags has gone 3 years with the same springs and very little mag maintenance. = two of them just now bit me on a stages.

Thanks for the reminder = I will prep all my mags now.

Haven't hardly shot my open gun in the past three years