Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Euro Champs

Dead Buff

Hi guys,

I just got off the phone from the IPSC President who is attending the Euro 2004, and he tells me that match results will be posted "very shortly", so keep checking the Euro 2004 website. In the interim period, those of you who are interested in match statistics:

Open: 277 (34%) (includes 6 Junior, 14 Lady, 32 Senior, 9 Super Senior)

Standard: 280 (34%) (includes 14 Junior, 39 Lady, 46 Senior, 18 Super Senior)

Modified: 47 (6%) (includes 0 Junior, 0 Lady, 7 Senior, 1 Super Senior)

Production: 168 (21%) (includes 2 Junior, 1 Lady, 7 Senior, 3 Super Senior)

Revolver: 41 (5%) (includes 0 Junior, 1 Lady, 2 Senior, 1 Super Senior)

===============================================

Total: 813 (100%) (includes 29 Junior (3.5%), 55 Lady (7%), 94 Senior (11.5%), 32 Super Senior (4%)

I keep telling the naysayers here that IPSC Production Division is proving to be a huge success, despite all the foo-foo, yada-yada arguments, but they just say "Bah-Humbug".

My guess is that PD may even match the Standard Division numbers come World Shoot next year.

BDH,

Last week I had a chat with the MD of the next World Shoot in Ecuador, and it went something like this:

VP: So, the last World Shoot had 800 competitors, and the Euro 2004 has already surpassed that amount, so I expect you'll be driving to break the 1,000 barrier?

MD: Ha! Ha! Ha!

VP: (deadly silence)

MD: Um, you still there Vinny? Hello?

VP: <click><wheeze>Yes.

MD: Oh, um, yeah, sure, we're gonna break the 1,000 barrier but we need a Big Huggie to help us with crowd control. Do you know anybody?

VP: Yes. I shall send Senior Executive Stormtrooper Hanna to be at your side.

MD: (speaking to assistant) Damn, we're gonna need a lot more beer!

VP: <click><wheeze> And cookies ..........

:D

Yes. I shall send Senior Executive Stormtrooper Hanna to be at your side.

MD: (speaking to assistant) Damn, we're gonna need a lot more beer!

Just for clarification, is that SES Hanna, or SEST Hanna??? :huh:

Darth, if IPSC needs Stormtroopers in South America next year, put my name at the top of the list. I will do my duty and serve the Empire to the best of my abilities..... ;)

As far as Cookies go, that is the domain of Mrs BDH. But OTOH, BEER..... well, lets just say that I may be able to contribute (or consume) in that area :lol:

Use the FORCE..... the FORCE.... damn it, use the FORCE!!! B)

Awaiting your orders... :ph34r:

I spoke to one of ours too tonight, they are enjoying the relaxed pace of the match, they shoot mornings one day then afternoons the day after.

I'm told they are having a terrible time with jet lag, but they also reported that the Pilsner factory was well worth visiting ;)

damn, 813 shooers that's impressive! :o

Well they have quite a lot of shoes to make :D

Jokes aside, it's not uncommon for Level III Area Matches in Regions such as the Philippines to field 600 or more competitors (been there, seen it with my own eyes). The other thing is that many Level III matches and every Level IV & Level V match is way oversubscribed when it comes to ROs (typically on a 2:1 applicants:slots ratio).

As I mentioned in another thread, the growth we're experiencing in IPSC and the resultant pressure for more shooting and RO slots is becoming quite a challenge for us, and now we even have a special Competition Services Committee just looking into our Match Calendar, trying to find solutions.

It appears from the intermin results that Eric Grauffel is running away with this match, he has shot 11 stages so far and won 6 of them, Saul Kirsch has also won 6 stages but also has a couple at 70%.

Eric and Saul are not on the same squad so the scores could change dramatically.

Do you have any information on the final number of competitors per Region? Also the range crew by Region?

I haven't had time to prepare a simple summary but, if you see the List of Competitors. you can click on the various headings with a turquoise background (e.g. "Region") and the table will sort according to your selection - a very cool feature (note the fairly large teams from Hong Kong & Canada!).

The List of Match Officials is not sortable, but it already lists them by Region.