Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting glasses for strong prescriptions

Aglifter

I wear Rudy's, w. contacts, but I prefer to wear glasses. The insert on my Rydons is too curved for the type of lens my optometrist recommends for my prescription - I need as flat a lens as I can get - any suggestions?

I just had a similar problem. My script is not as bad as yours but way past the +/- 2.00 cylinder available in most sporting glasses. I called an talked to Rudy directly and the suggested www.sporteyes.com. They do have options for high scripts. However you might want to look at traditional safety glasses (they have flat lenses and side guards). Also you might want browse frames at a local optometrists and see what has wide sides or can have side guards added. I found a pair of Ray-Bans that could be fit that were not wrap around with wide side frames.

Just be sure to polycarbonate lenses.

I mean no disrespect but I had to laugh when I saw what you referred to as a strong prescription. Mine is -21.5 in the left eye and -18 in the right. I'm going to have cataract surgery starting next week. Hopefully things will improve.