Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-5 Competition with Standard 4.4" P226 slide

JGus

Just for the heck of it put the slide from my Sig P226 bitone .40s&w with 4.4" slide on my Sig P226 X-5 Competition .40s&w just to see how it would look. And I like the look of it.

I haven't shot it with this combo, but would it cause damage or be unsafe to shoot the X-5 SA only Competition model with the upper assembly from my standard bitone P226? I can operate it just fine. Slide to frame fit is nice and smooth. It dry fires just fine. I know slides assemblies can be switched on standard P226's. I'm assuming it would be ok to shoot like this, but I wouldn't dare try it until I got feedback from someone who would know for sure.

SigX5withStandardP226slide.jpg

Edited by JGus

Works just fine. Nothing to worry about. Now if you tried to leave the X5 guiderod assembly in place you would have a problem :)

You basically created a X5 short and smart.

Danny, that's what I thought, but I appreciate you confirming it. Going to try shooting it with this combo in the next couple days as I have to adjust the rear fixed sight on the standard P226 slide to get it dialed in.

Does this mean that we can use the standard P226 .22LR conversion on the X5 frame?

I would assume it would work since it works on the standard P226 frame. But I don't know this for sure. The standard slide assembly on my P226 worked great on the frame of my P226 X-5 Competition.

Thats awesome, thanks guys!

Added: Any feeding issues? Should I use a specific round? I shoot purely CCI Minimags.

I shoot "Walmart special" Federal Target and Remington Golden bullet all the time in my X-Five with 22lr conversion. Some of the cheaper stuff might have issue if you have lowered your mainspring weight.