Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock to cz shooter

GeraldMeharry

Hello

I was a die hard glock shooter, but people kept putting a cz in my hand and letting me shoot these group I could only do with a 1911. So

Long story I got a cz shadow.

Question

I've changed the mainspring to 13lb, recoil spring to 11

Should I get the competition hammer?

I'm also thinking of getting a Cajun gun work trigger reset spring... Think that's what it was.

I'd switch to the comp hammer if it were me. Cajun has a hammer as well (personally never used it). Based on their other stuff, you probably will have good results. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Depending on your grip and hand size, you might find you need to change the safeties out to a lower profile version (I had the occasional switch to "safe" in matches that caused issues). Otherwise it's a shooter....

Some DIY polishing tips... http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=14688.0

Ok i was wondering if the comp hammer would make a difference and how lite i could get with my springs. The DA pull has some getting used to.

No problem with the safety. I like riding my thumb on top of it. Wish it was bigger or more extended. Forgot

To mention I'm running this for production.

So many more bells and whistles then the glock.

Gerald...this is Ken. I've shot with you and Lincoln at NTPS and Waco. I run a couple of Shadows. If you are shooting at Waco again or at the "new" club in Cresson, you are more than welcome to try mine. My Shadows have been massaged by a few good people (e.g. Mink, Cajun, and eerw). I do have CGW's trigger-return spring and it does have about 1/2# DA-pull reduction and still maintains a positive reset.

In short, make sure you don't get the CGW Race hammer as it is not Production-legal. In general, you can do the following:

A: 13# main, 11# recoil, with regular firing pin

B. 11.5# main, 10#/11# recoil, with extended firing pin (my setup is 11.5# main & 11# recoil)

Ok i was wondering if the comp hammer would make a difference and how lite i could get with my springs. The DA pull has some getting used to.

No problem with the safety. I like riding my thumb on top of it. Wish it was bigger or more extended. Forgot

To mention I'm running this for production.

So many more bells and whistles then the glock.

Edited by justaute

I do have CGW's trigger-return spring and it does have about 1/2# DA-pull reduction and still maintains a positive reset.

I use the CGW TRS and have gotten the same result. I recommend it.

In short, make sure you don't get the CGW Race hammer as it is not Production-legal. In general, you can do the following:

+1 !! I was going to add the same thing. CGW hammer not production legal.

Gerald...FYI, with polishing, 11.5# CGW main, 11# recoil, CGW TRS, and extended firing pin, my DA is about 5.5# and SA is about 2# on one Shadow and 2.5# on the other Shadow. I know Matt Mink can get the DA down to about 5.5# using 13# main. FWIW, I do have the CZ comp hammer on both.

Gerald...FYI, with polishing, 11.5# CGW main, 11# recoil, CGW TRS, and extended firing pin, my DA is about 5.5# and SA is about 2# on one Shadow and 2.5# on the other Shadow. I know Matt Mink can get the DA down to about 5.5# using 13# main. FWIW, I do have the CZ comp hammer on both.

Are you able to use Win Primers, or do you only shoot Federals?

The Shadow hammer will run great with the 13# hammer spring.

you can get a slightly easier DA stroke by going to a 11.5# hammer spring or lighter trigger return spring.

if you go lighter or alter the trigger return spring you will also weaken the reset slightly, but that is going to be a personal preference.

The comp hammer is slightly lighter than the Shadow hammer, so it will have a feeling of being quicker. I like running the comp hammer. its a good piece.

The parts from CZC and Cajun give shooters a lot of options to tweak the guns to be great shooters.

Hello

I was a die hard glock shooter, but people kept putting a cz in my hand and letting me shoot these group I could only do with a 1911. So

Long story I got a cz shadow.

Question

I've changed the mainspring to 13lb, recoil spring to 11

Should I get the competition hammer?

I'm also thinking of getting a Cajun gun work trigger reset spring... Think that's what it was.

Personally I would spend the money on thin aluminum grips or practice ammo, but that is just me.

I shoot mostly Federal, but have shot Win without issues -- and I just bought 10k of Win. In short, my sample size thus far is too small to provide a definitive answer.

Are you able to use Win Primers, or do you only shoot Federals?