Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gainesville, FL

TommyD

Hi everyone!

I am currently a student at the University of Florida and am putting together a shooting team for students. We've got some great GM coaches and an amazing range sponsor so far. We are going to be a competitive team but alot of our efforts will be focused on promoting shooting sports to the student body as well as Gainesville as a whole.

I'm a new shooter with 3 matches under my belt. I've been doing a match diary on youtube and would like to subscribe to other shooters both new and experienced to learn!

Post your youtube link for me to follow.

Tom

Edited by TommyD

Yup! Went to the Williston, Wildwood, and Homossassa matches.

Gville was canceled this morning so I guess my next match will be on the 16th in Williston. I've got a hefty school schedule along with being president of the AOM club, plus work...so I'm pretty limited to how far and how often I can shoot matches for a while.

Hi!, Nother' n00b from north central Fla. Just registered at brianenos and am interested in learning about 3 gun shooting. Haven't club shot in a long time, like mid 80's (86') down in the lower Fla. Keys when we were shooting skeet at NAS Boca Chica

So how do I find out about scheduling (any and all info) for Williston and Gainesville 3 gun shoots? Is there a link? Any help will be appreciated! BTW, my name is Jake and I'm from the Reddick area

Also, not sure how to subscribe to a thread...I don't see that option on the reply

Best,

Jake

Reddick Fla.

Jake,

It can be hard finding regularly scheduled 3 gun matches in the north Florida area. The Fernandina club has a 3 gun match on the months with a fifth Sat. Just happens that this month has a fifth Sat, so come on up and join us.

Jake,

It can be hard finding regularly scheduled 3 gun matches in the north Florida area. The Fernandina club has a 3 gun match on the months with a fifth Sat. Just happens that this month has a fifth Sat, so come on up and join us.

~~~You're talking about Fernandina Bch?, north of JAX near the GA line?...that's a fir piece aways for me to travel this time of year Fireant, all the grass I have to mow and other farm duties. Thanks for the offer but I may have to wait till the cooler times of the year come around to travel that far. Sorry, I'm in the weeds here, but I thank you for the invite, and thanks to the others for the warm welcome

I'm about 12 miles east of Williston so any shooting there would be easier for me to make. Perhaps my google skills are limited but I could not find where there is any shooting there...is there a website? or another url I could go to? How about the Gainsville area...where are the 3 gunners shooting there? Forgive me please for my n00bish questions...I'm new to the 3 gun scene (have yet to shoot).

As mentioned previously, I haven't done any club shooting since 1986 when we lived in the lower Fla. Keys and we shot skeet on the bay side of NAS Boca Chica as they had a skeet range there, pert near the missile silos used for the Cuban missle crisis...kinda spooky walking up on those under ground silos, the history and all

BTW, I'm not getting any thread reply notification from this board...I thought I subscribed to the thread. I see where it says I'm currently recieving email notification of replies, though I've yet to recieve one

Best,

Jake

Reddick Fla.

SAPSA this Saturday at the St. Augustine FOP, you should come out, it's a fun match. Be there by 9 for registration, match usually starts at around 9:30. FOP is off of 16 just east of 95.

GO GATORS!!!

post-41423-0-62295800-1347468985_thumb.j

~~~Thanks, seeing how it's Monday morning, looks like I missed this one :blush: It's a nice ride over to St. Augustine for me*. I will be able to make it in the cooler months. I'll get there for some shooting

*We've lived in Reddick 14 years now...made it to St. Augustine for the first time this past spring. Nice town! Riding around near the water reminded me of the times we lived in the lower Fla. Keys

Best,

Jake

Reddick Fla.