Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-16 questions

Noximus03

My day started out BRILLIANTLY. Took my kids to Dave and Busters and had a blast. My youngest says to me as we're walking out "Dad, can we go to Shooters (my fav gunstore) since we're close?". With a smile on my face, and tears in my eyes, I gleefully said yes.

When I got there, I started browsing the trade in cases and spotted a Para P-16 in .40 set up for limited. The mag release had been drilled and tapped and someone had already laid claim to the button, ambi safeties, SS FLGR, and what looked like an Ed Briwn beaver tail safety. It was incredibly dirty and fouled up with a combo of dust, lube, and carbon, but over all looked to be in very good shape. Trigger was insanely heavy, and it wasn't tight slide to frame wise. I looked at the tag....$800.

I'm wanting a Lim div 1911, and since I'm a plastic open shooter, this woud be my first venture with a 2011 style 1911 frame. So my question to you Para experts is....is this a good deal, or should I pass and build up the man fund for an STI Edge (they have those too, btw)? Thanks.

It would be marked with a big "X" on the slide, not that big of a deal really since Para now has an EGW replacement extractor. Anyway, one mag, dirty, sloppy fit, terrible trigger, I think you could do better for $800.

I don't think we are trying to save you $800...just trying to get you to spend it a little better :)

Check out GunsAmerica or Gunbroker..even with transfer fees, I think you can do better with $800.

I recently sold my back up P16 Limited with ALL the bells and whistles, low round count, clean, 4 140 mags for $1000. Granted it was to another club member but still a reasonable price. I gotta think your $800 find was more beater than anything else. I agree you can do better, a LOT better. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...