Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sidearmor holsters

MrMuscleBilly

Back before I found other (better) shooting forums, they were all the rage on Glocktalk. I'm not sure I've ever seen one used at a match before. Mostly you see comp-tac, bladetech and some of those goofy over rivetted ones from Raven or other tactical joints.

I have one for a Glock G20/21. Sturdy and well-made, and good for the purpose I use them for (carrying on my ATV, in my UTV, or in my Jep when four-wheeling and exploring roads and trails in the desert and forest of southern and northern Arizona).

I prefer the Blade-Tech holsters for daily carry and shooting steel and IDPA matches.

YMMV.

Well, they are not much to look at, but I know of one defensive pistol instructor who's been in the game for a long time and he swears by them. He says that they are well made, rugged and reasonably priced. Plus, they will build custom holsters for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have side armor holster for a G34 and it has served me well. It is robust and rugged and I would recommend it as an option for anyone interested in purchasing one. My only gripe is that it positions the pistol higher than something like a comp-tac or a blade tech. While this may be good for concealment, I only use the holster for competition and If I were to buy again, I would probably find a holster that positions the pistol a little lower.

i really liked the one I had - it was very well made.

I bought the modular one with adjustable cant and looking back on it i would have just gotten their normal holster.

The belt loops on the modular one are made for a normal belt and can be uncomfortable with a double/velcro belt.

Since then, Ive tried out Kytac and Comp-tac.

I like how the kytac looks and the general finishing touches on it but prefer how the comp-tac retains(trigger guard vs slide)

• 3 weeks later...