Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL 650 Mainshaft hooked

I'd ask what OP really meant by 'hooking'. I know there is a hook that advances the shellplate, and also a thick wire hooked on top of the shellplate to eject the finish round. What threw me off is he said mainshaft. Could it be the platform? maybe?

I'm supprised that no one has mentioned the shell plate set screw. Mine backed out & was acting as discribed by the OP.

Using a 1/8” Allen wrench tighten the

shellplate set screw. The

shellplate set screw is located on the

left side of the mainshaft just below the

shellplate platform.

Edited by TruStreet

Don't know what his problem was but my 650 locked up tonight. About 2/3 of the way to the top. Turned out to be a primer index blockage of spilled powder and general funk after too many rounds. Easy enough to figure out though. I tried flipping the primer lever and it was locked up tight. Had to do a total tear down so I just went ahead and cleaned it all up. Man, I was running a dirty press after probably 12k rounds.rolleyes.gif

Don't know what his problem was but my 650 locked up tonight. About 2/3 of the way to the top. Turned out to be a primer index blockage of spilled powder and general funk after too many rounds. Easy enough to figure out though. I tried flipping the primer lever and it was locked up tight. Had to do a total tear down so I just went ahead and cleaned it all up. Man, I was running a dirty press after probably 12k rounds.rolleyes.gif

not bad you got 12k out of her before she needed cleaning. I'm sure after your surprised how smooth it runs!!!!