Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know about Steel Challenge training classes

rooster mcbee

My shooting buddies and I are shooting Steel Challenge matches and are looking for a 1 or 2 day instructional class to learn a few techniques. Any idea if there is a training class coming up somewhere? Mainly in the Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas region. Thanks!

I have been looking for the same thing here in the PA, NJ, MD areas. Willing to travel for the right course.

Just come to some matches. That's what I did. Plenty of people there to help you out with pointers and your set up.

get whoever runs your local club to email BJ and set up a class, I'm organizing one for my club in the new year.

lots of the "regulars" in my club are very good IPSC shooters but want to add in some steel specific tips so there was enough interest in a class for me to talk to BJ

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking for the same thing here in the PA, NJ, MD areas. Willing to travel for the right course.

Only person I know personally in this area (Maryland) that does offer instruction is Robby Orent, but he does mostly private lessons I think. And besides school he has had some other issues that limit his time to do that. But he is very good and he taught me everything I know about shooting USPSA and Steel Challenge. He is on here sometimes. He used to teach the technique of the draw at our club on occasion.

• 1 month later...