Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI trigger in STI grip?

Ssanders224

I just fit an SVI trigger into an STI frame. A tad of filing on the top and bottom of the trigger and sides of the grip.

Bought an extreme grip especially for this purpose. Then used markers as an indicator of the high spots to file out the grips where it was tight on the bow and the sides of the trigger. Came out absolutely perfect. Very patient use of a small flat file and you will be very happy.

Adjusted the trigger for no pre travel and then used the screw to adjust out the over travel.. 2.5 lbs and a great feel. I think it looks great too. Two matches through it with perfect function

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender-8.jpg

without any takeup it easy to bumpfire. without any overtravel the sear will get eaten quickly

I just fit an SVI trigger into an STI frame. A tad of filing on the top and bottom of the trigger and sides of the grip.

Bought an extreme grip especially for this purpose. Then used markers as an indicator of the high spots to file out the grips where it was tight on the bow and the sides of the trigger. Came out absolutely perfect. Very patient use of a small flat file and you will be very happy.

Adjusted the trigger for no pre travel and then used the screw to adjust out the over travel.. 2.5 lbs and a great feel. I think it looks great too. Two matches through it with perfect function

Looks good, Id like to do the same

• 1 month later...

without any takeup it easy to bumpfire. without any overtravel the sear will get eaten quickly

I did the same with my STI, filed out the grips and the SVI trigger went right in with a little bit of patience and filing. The bow doesnt seem to be a problem, there is a proper amount of take up and Ive set the overtravel to where I like. Where should I be looking to see if this is going to be problematic with my sear? Its been running like a top but I dont want a failure mid competition.

• 1 year later...