Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbe Needs reloading info for .40 Edge

Jimbo76

Don't be surprised if lead bullets stick in your barrel and don't chamber properly.

I think this fine fellow "DONT KNOW HOW TO LOAD"

Lead, Moly have worked for me for 37 years. ye I shoot jacketed sometimes but 85% of the time lead or moly. I find that plated measure very inconsistant. So for me I would rather save the money and use lead. No cleaning issues at the velocity that we are using.

Good fortune with your gun and load

Wow, I've never seen people be so rude on this site. I thought I was on ar15.com for a second.. Let me clarify my post. MY Edge, and others I've spoken with, have had problems with the shoulder sticking before it is fully chambered, regardless of oal. It's got nothing to do with loading practice, it's the size and profile of the bullet. I've used MG, PD, Bayous, Speer, and black bullets with absolutely no problems, but it will choke on lead. Been loading many years with success including lead in all sorts of calibers and weights.

In my 5" Edge I love the 200gr LRN loaded with N320 or WST... People have said "no way these make major" a time or two when letting them try a few rounds.

What oal and charge are you using with the WST? Was thinking of ordering some of the SNS 200's.