Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just starting this is my pistol

lablover

Just getting started and the pistol I already own is a Glock 22C so it's ported. Does this put me in a different class? Being a newbie, should I consider getting something else? I'd like to use the 22C because I already own it :) save for a new shoty

Joe

Edited by lablover

This is good to know. Never thought I wouldn't need to change the slide...just the barrel. I can del with that

The Compensated part puts you in open. You could swap the barrel with a non ported barrel and shoot production, limited, limited 10 etc. Lone wolf sells some very reasonably priced non ported barrels

I'd drop a few extra bucks on a KKM or Storm Lake. I have (2) LWD barrels that I've had major problems with, and a KKM that's been absolutely flawless out if the box. KKM just found another lifetime customer with me.

So no need to change the slide? Got a pm saying I would have too. I gotta think if the barrel isn't ported what diff if the slide is opened up on top. This would be good and save me a few bucks.

I'd drop a few extra bucks on a KKM or Storm Lake. I have (2) LWD barrels that I've had major problems with, and a KKM that's been absolutely flawless out if the box. KKM just found another lifetime customer with me.

+1 for the KKM, I got mine because I shoot lead for practice and didn't want to deal with all the lead- related concerns but the fully supported barrel and increased accuracy are an added bonus ...

Same here.....KKm in all of my Glock comp guns. Never been disappointed. I dont think you have to change the slide. The open top is factory made making it legal for Production division, but the barrel must go unless you plan to shoot open.

It is specifically mentioned in the Production Division rules for USPSA (in the Approved Handguns List) that you can change the barrel to a non-ported and shoot Production.

I don't believe that it'd be legal in International competition, because they don't specifically address this issue in their "Approved Handguns" list like USPSA does.

I shoot a 23C and, although I am new, I shoot with the "open" guys. However, if your only intention is to game then do whatever you can to compete better. If you're trying to get better with your carry gun

I am a MO CCW holder and my 23C is my EDC. My PRIMARY goal in shooting SCSA and USPSA is to become absolutely proficient with my carry gun. Once I'm shooting all AA's and SCSA "runs" under 4 seconds then I'll get another gun/barrel to let me shoot more competitively. I'm lucky that I shoot with some guys (anywhere from production to open shooters) who are all willing to help me, the new guy, become a better shooter.

So what if I can't compete with the open guys. At my range I can always say I was 5 or 6th and no one will know that was last place. :)