Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IFG Bullseye or is it?

I came across this a few weeks ago from Buds guns and couldn't help my self but to order one for little over $900 and thinking that I was ordering the gun in the picture. I cant post a link but search Buds Guns for IFG Bullseye to see the gun for sale

After lots and lots of Google searches I have found out The UPC is not of the bullseye from the IFG website nether is the picture. I called Buds and the only thing he could do is read the disclaimer at the bottom of the picture. No help what so ever. You will just get what you get.

Next I tried IFG directly by sending them an email to get help clarify what gun was actually being sold and what was the UPC number to? Again all they could do is cut and past the disclaimer into an email back and also told me the gun at Buds was black and not chrome like there bullsey on the website. WOW No help what so ever.

Any one else order one of these?

post-32400-0-10264200-1343710879_thumb.j

The pistol pictured is a Tanfo Limited Eric G. Custom. It is imported by IFG and is the same as the EAA Limited Custom except for the slide cuts. I just built a pair of these in the past couple months. The picture is not of a bullseye.

No I haven't got the gun in yet.

What I was hopping for was to get what I thought was a Limited Custom GC for $900 not realizing at the time that IFG was a new distributor now. I should know because I have 3 other Tanfoglio's. So I figured the bullseye was a limited custom only under the new IFG label. (I was wrong) But the UPC is not the same as a Bullseye so I was not 100% sure yet that I was getting the wrong gun but after reading the other post that this gun sells for almost 2,000 from Freedom Ventures I am sure I am getting the wrong gun.

I was looking for someone that had ordered this gun from them and let me know what they had got. Buds seems to be one of the first to start to sell the IFG guns. And being so new there isn't much info out there on them yet.

If I still get this gun will the 6"barrel still be ok for shooting USPSA? All the local matches I shoot don't enforce the box rule. Or should I just send it back and get the Limited like I wanted in the first place?

Edited by canigetawittness

USPSA does not have a box for Limited. If it were me, I'd rock that long slide all day long and never look back.. ;)

Maybe someone with more USPSA rule knowledge can comment on whether the gun is legal since its a newly imported model...

USPSA does not have a box for Limited. If it were me, I'd rock that long slide all day long and never look back.. ;)

Maybe someone with more USPSA rule knowledge can comment on whether the gun is legal since its a newly imported model...

+1 on that.

I'll speak obliquely on this... about a year ago I sent email to Amidon asking whether an Australian competitor coming to the US could should Limited Division with a Tanfoglio variant that is only released in Australia. I mentioned that the gun is essentially a Match frame with a Limited top end. (Remember that pretty gun? Black and Chrome if I remember correctly.) Anyway, in his typical Sphinx-like response, JA responded that if the gun has been submitted for approval by the manufacturer and got the required number of units generally available to the public, then there would be no problems. On another occasion a few years back, I asked if a Canadian Production shooter came to the US to compete with a Stock II with a small frame (as compared the large frame only available in the US), does that gun qualify as a Production legal gun. Again essentially the same response.

So right now I'm afraid to ask if Tanfoglio or EAA has even submitted the paperwork to USPSA for the Limited and the Hunter series of guns. Anybody know?

At least I know that the large frame Stock and Stock II are on the production list. :lol:

Looks like I wont even get the option to get the gun at all. I was planing to just get the long slide and shoot it instead of holding out for a limited.

Buds some how screwed up on the ship to name being completely different than the bill to name so I am unable to get my new gun. I think is completely against the law by the way. I don’t know I will just wait and see what the ATF has to say about the matter. But it gets even worse when I call to get the issue fixed then they tell me that I cant have my gun and it will need to be shipped back with only a 10% restocking fee and a 25 dollar handling fee (115 dollars of fees). And they would be more that happy to sell me my gun all over again. Like I would ever order anything from buds ever again. I will make sure this same write up gets posted on many different forums to warn people of the kind of business Bud runs.

Well after my review on the buds website and working my way up the food chain at Buds they have now issued me a full refund.

Time to look for a new gun and start the process all over again.

Probably best that this was the end result. Seemed to be a real mess plus you had no idea what gun you were getting.

Looks like I wont even get the option to get the gun at all. I was planing to just get the long slide and shoot it instead of holding out for a limited.

Buds some how screwed up on the ship to name being completely different than the bill to name so I am unable to get my new gun. I think is completely against the law by the way. I don’t know I will just wait and see what the ATF has to say about the matter. But it gets even worse when I call to get the issue fixed then they tell me that I cant have my gun and it will need to be shipped back with only a 10% restocking fee and a 25 dollar handling fee (115 dollars of fees). And they would be more that happy to sell me my gun all over again. Like I would ever order anything from buds ever again. I will make sure this same write up gets posted on many different forums to warn people of the kind of business Bud runs.

This is weird. Did Buds actually ship the gun? Why would they want to charge you a retock if they didn't ship it?