Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 ICORE INTERNATIONAL POSTAL MATCH

2012 ICORE IPM stages have been posted on the ICORE web site.

This match is open to anyone, anywhere. You do not need to be a member of ICORE to participate, just get out there and have ago. This is your chance to compete against ICORE shooters from all over the world.

Download the package from the site, follow the instructions and you should be right. You have until the 31st of December 2012 to shoot this match.

Have fun and introduce someone new to ICORE. We had over 400 shooters compete last year, why don't you have a go this year.

Regards

PK

• 4 weeks later...

Paul, How much trouble would it be for everyone that shoots all three divisions in the Postal match to have their total scores added and let us know who would be the winner of the "Triple Crown" Iowa guys did a King of the Revo thing. It is an Idea Stolen from Chris C. We would have to let you know which of us would be doing this in advance and I plan on it anyway. Nothing like heaping work on a fellow shooter. :sight: Later rdd

ETA: If it would help I could glean the info off of the scores you send out and compile them if given the names of those who wished to participate in the TC. Well I better get back to.....Oh wait... I ain't doing nuffin. :roflol: later rdd

Edited by Bubber

To late for this year Bubber............... Great idea for next year though, "Triple Crown", yes I would have a shot at that...........now I have prescription shooting glasses !

(Would you be prepared to shoot the match on three separate days, once in each class ?)

PK

(Would you be prepared to shoot the match on three separate days, once in each class ?)

PK

Why in 3 different dates? I was told it is legal to shoot in all 3 divisions the same day.

Daniele, You can, but it easier on the shooter to shoot it on three different days for Time factors. If you are lucky enough to have a big turnout it will make a long day for you. I plan on shooting Oopen and Limited one match then Classic the next match if the dates work out. I can use the same rig for Limited and Open but have to change over for Classic. And Chris yep I can do an unofficial TC. Just need the names of the shooters that shoot all three. The Downunder Gang may have issues getting all the stuff done. I am lucky enough that we can get to shoot at two different clubs, right Chris?

ETA. The issues I am referring to is just being able to squeeze in the extra matches need to get in all three divisions. Where I live I can go out and set up a stage and shoot it. Not everybody is that lucky. Our turn out usually is enough so we can shoot two guns without putting a burden on the rest of the shooters in taping and setting steel and not worry much about time constraints. Just thought I needed to clear that up. :blush: later rdd

Edited by Bubber

But it would be nice to shoot three different matches at three different places. It makes a differnce with different shooters competiting. Now I'll shut up. :eatdrink: later rdd

• 1 month later...

Well we shot the Postal today in McAlister. I did not do well No 343 gave me a beat down, and then ChrisC kicked me while I was down. Felt just like old home week. :sight:

• 2 weeks later...

Still got around 10 weeks to shoot this match..............so get out there and give it try.

On the other hand, if you have shot the match and did not do so well, then try again.

Around 100 scores returned so far. ( don't ask what the best is !)

You know deep down inside you want to give it a try, so why don't you !

PK

2012 Italian REVOlution took place in Agna (Padua) North East of Italy last October 7.

This event was promoted by 2 big fans of sporting use of revolvers: Daniele Tarozzi and Fabio Catellan.

Pistol shooters were allowed to join our fun park, too: 3 revo divisions and 2 pistol ones were recognized; every winner got a Magnum bottle of Col Vettoraz Prosecco and an electronic muffle; the second classified had 2 regular bottles of the same fine wine while the third got only one.

The same number of divisions and prizes (except muffles) for the side event.

We thank a lot Piero Pasini of Sportgun shooting Club who worked really hard together with many of his club shooters to make this crazy idea a reality.

Every shooter got an ICORE cap as a souvenir of the match.

Core of the event were the 4 stages of ICORE International Postal Match, and these results for revo shooters are already in Australia.

Italian REVOlution results included also a fifth stage: 31 rounds, long course, IPSC classic targets, 3 pepper poppers, 2 plates, one bobber.

An all steel bi-gun medium course was the side event: the shooters had to start with a pump shotgun on the first 6 targets then switching to their gun of choice for the following 12 .

Some of the happy winners: Marco Sartor and Alessandro Bianconi were both members of the Italian Revolver team in the last International IPSC competitions.

Smiling Deborah Da Rold extracted his boyfriend's name, Thomas Colusso as first winner of the raffle, then the Lady shooter Michela Melli got another pump shotgun, last lucky shooter (we use another word!! ), Mauro Bortot .

After shooters left the 3 Piume Shooting range, all the crew rested finally after a hard work; a friendly dinner , where wine Col Vettoraz Prosecco was served in large quantity.

A special thanks to the stat officer Emanuele Marcato, the joker Taka , Denis Cadamuro, Claudio Cinetto and Fabio's wife who baked the ICORE cake which ended the dinner.

Due to date change, numbers were not high enough to cover all the costs, but the smiling faces of almost all the partecipants are the most appreciated return for Fabio and Daniele.

On stage 4 the distance indicated, width wise between box A and box C is 15m. This is the distance side to side between the boxes not from the targets. The distance between the other boxes are 3m or less. Is the 15m listed correct. We are shooting it tomorrow and I just noticed this. thanks, Mark

Nevermind. 1.5 meters. That makes more sense. One of those days. thanks.

Edited by MHicks

• 2 months later...

This match still has a few days to run . If you need something to do this weekend why not give it a try. Over 300 scores in so far.

If you were curious enough to read this post................ then why not shoot the match.

PK

• 2 weeks later...

Match results are on the ICORE web site.

450 scores submitted. Shot in 3 countries. 36 Clubs ran the match.

199 shot Limited

156 shot Classic

95 shot Open.

Congratulations to all that competed and hope to see you all compete again in 2013.

PK

Always fun... But always a bugger to shoot well. Interested to see the catagory numbers. It always feels like there are more open shooters at matches IMO but the numbers say something else!

Goodbye Cmore... It's been an interesting 12 months but its time to move on