Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCC July 3-Gun match

CCC 3-Gun match will be this weekend July 28th & 29th. Shoot either day or both.

Match registration at 0830, hammer down 0900.

4 Stages...

Stage 1 Fred's Tree - 10 Rifle targets to 450yd and 30 pistol.

Stage 2 Center Bay - Shotgun only stage - 30 shot targets plus the spinner and 4 slugs on steel target from 80 to 40 yards.

Stage 3 Riflemans Ridge to Mt Baldy - 9 rifle to 200yd offhand and kneeling while traveling across ridge. Shotgun 10 clays, short rifle on 3 targets followed by pistol on 6 plates and end with long rifle on 8 targets from 250 to 500yd.

Stage 4 Jungle Run - Pistol only thru the jungle run 41 plates total.

If you need to check your zero come early.

See you at the match

FredQ

Fred,

Will we need slings for rifle and/or shotgun? The stage descriptions make it sound like we might.

Lets see - a 38ish round (min) shotgun stage, a pistol jungle run with 41 steel plates, and two stages with targets at or past 450 yds; sounds like a freaking blast!!

I'll be there early to fine-tune my crappy zero.

Slings are always required on at least one stage so come prepared. No shotgun slings ever.

Slugs on the shotgun stage.

Bonus target at 500 yd and lots of steel.

Those that have seen the stages say that they are the best stages ever...

Just spent close to $2k for mowing so the place looks better the ever...

Hope to see you all this weekend...

FredQ

Looks sweet and demonic on the shotgun. Assuming Fred does not ban me for not making the last few matches I will be there! And I am bringing a new 3 gunner with me.

Fred won't ban you. But he is more likely to rag on you!

Bring your youtube video camera, today you missed me freaking out when I drove over a 3' long copperhead while following the shooter, I started screaming for the guy to get out of the way, the shooter ran and people were jumping. Turned out that the snake was dead. I had not seen it on other runs so everyone got a laugh out of that...

16 shooters today. Par times are BIG, 300 and 360 sec stages with 180 and 200 on the other 2.

Shotgun stage had a DQ due to shooting a popper with a slug, Poor Elizabeth....

See you all tomorrow. Bring your "A" Game, we had some great times today.

FredQ

Great match Fred. All of the stages were a lot of fun.

I have more videos but need to get permission before posting them and I need to do some editing on mine before I post them. Thanks again.

Edited by Ragnar

A video of the shotgun stage. Mag was loaded with alternating pairs of slugs and 5 rounds of bird. Very fun stage.

The manually ejected rounds were intentional. The gun ran the entire stage without a jam. Not bad for a Saiga....

Great Shooting guys, it was our best weekend ever, Thanks a lot for enduring the heat and long runs on the stages, we had 1040 seconds of par time on 4 stages. The stages were designed to give a good warmup for those going to RM3G and everyone loved them.

It was a battle of the Titans, Lance Dingler in Tac Optic battling Trip McIngval in Limited (1x optic). Both shooters shot fantastic, turning in great times on the shotgun only mega stage with only about a second between them. On the pistol only jungle run Trip shot a blazing 49.72 followed by Lance with a 55.74. The rifle is where Lance pulled ahead with a great time plus a 20 sec bonus on rifleman's ridge stage. Trip also had a great run on this stage and nailed the 30 sec first shot bonus on the 500yd target with his 1x optic. On the Fred's tree stage Lance once again edged out Trip by a first shot hit on the 440yd target. Trip shot his 1x optic like a real champ, giving up very little to the Tac Optic or Open shooters beating all but Lance in all divisions. I pity the other 1x optic shooters at RM3G this year...

Scores can be seen here

See you all next month,

FredQ

Had a blast. Great stages and par times. Thanks, from a one eyed fat guy. Really enjoyed the shotgun stage, made you think and rifleman's ridge. Hopefully Nick's hand will be better and we will see you next month.

gerritm