Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what GPS app for a Droid

Mine came with the google maps and NV navigator. Still trying to figure them out.

Once you get it figured put, you'll love it. Instead of typing your destination address or where you want to go, try the voice thingy. It works really well.

I use Google Maps on my HTC phone (which isn't a "Droid", btw...it's an HTC, not a Motorola).

Since google is tracking you anyway...along with everybody else...the maps are pretty up to date, and the traffic function is nice too.

Yes, Android does not equal Droid.

Motorola Droid phones run Android.

HTC phones run Android.

Get that shit right!!! LOL :)

:cheers:

Finally got rid of the bag phone, eh? :sight:

BTW, I'd like to thank everyone for using these smart phones, they are making telecommunications installers an invaluable commodity. :wacko:

Don't the bag phones operate at a full (legal) 3watts? These phones transmit at, what, 1w or less? Keep putting those towers up!! At worst, they will make a good sniper perch when the zombies come. :roflol:

Jon, sorry for the drift. Google Maps does not leave me wanting for anything else. (Better than our Garmin stand-alone).

These phones can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you will get into them pretty quick.

In my (Android) Galaxy S2, the app, "Voice Talk," is the shit. Have GPS on, and make sure it is set to "Driving Mode." The you just speak the destination address, select the result, fire it up, and set the phone down and the voice will guide you in. So far it's been real spot on. The last time I drove up to Dillon, to test it, I let it guide me. First, it didn't give me the route that I'd normally drive. So I drove my route anyway to see how the voice directions would respond. It was not a problem - it corrected the directions on the fly. Then when I got to Dillon, instead of going in the normal front entrance, I turned the other way to go to the shipping dock. And the phone said, "you have turned the wrong way, please do u-turn. Pretty impressive.

be

• 2 weeks later...