Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Evicted

ClutchUSMC

Long story short I found out today that they are selling the house I rent and have 45 days to get out. It's really hard to find a place that I can take my 2 basset hounds and can afford in that amount of time. I just wish they would have given me more of a heads up when they decided to sell. I should have had a lease but I thought I could trust my family not to do me dirty!

Long story short I found out today that they are selling the house I rent and have 45 days to get out. It's really hard to find a place that I can take my 2 basset hounds and can afford in that amount of time. I just wish they would have given me more of a heads up when they decided to sell. I should have had a lease but I thought I could trust my family not to do me dirty!

Im no lawyer but it seems I hear tell it takes months longer to actually physicly evict someone who resists. Not that its what you want to do but dont let them bluff you out before you find a new place. As long as your paid up I think the onus is on them. Call a lawyer. "Family" is not a word that applies in a situation like that, lesson I learned sadly but not as bad as you seem to be in. Dogs are your best friends and mine.

Im no lawyer but it seems I hear tell it takes months longer to actually physicly evict someone who resists. Not that its what you want to do but dont let them bluff you out before you find a new place. As long as your paid up I think the onus is on them. Call a lawyer. "Family" is not a word that applies in a situation like that, lesson I learned sadly but not as bad as you seem to be in. Dogs are your best friends and mine.

Thanks for the advice, I actually come from a family full of lawyers. You're right but they are giving me plenty of notice under KY law. And yes my hound dogs are my babies!

If it pisses you off that much leave a few surprises behind. :cheers:

Pat

I've thought about that but I'm trying to rise above. I will however not clean the place up and most likely take the fridge, stove, and washer and dryer as I replaced them all while I was here.

I take it your an Owensboro shooter somewhat? Im from E'ville bout a million years ago. Family of sharks eh? Good luck and do them as dirty as they would do you. Worse if you can. Nothing is worse than family that screws you over. I have friends Id die for and family I would not piss on if they were on fire. And yet my dogs are still top of the list.

Bummer dude...

I got sent packing my Aunt...for one of my other cousins. I found a place, learned the lesson you just learned and have been better for it.

Sucks, now get er done.

:cheers:

Good luck home shopping. Same thing happened to me. My wife & I rented a house, it was a dirty mess. We cleaned, scrubbed, vacuumed, wiped, washed and repaired. Mowed, trimmed and watered outside. Treated it like it was ours. Looked so good it was sold without informing us. We had 30 days to move. We had 2 dogs. It was a pain, now I know why rentals are a mess. We look back and chalk it up to life's experiences. Keep a smile on your face. :cheers: