Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Junior World Shoot Team

jkatz44

Interesting question.

Why is there one entire DIVISION (not category, mind you--I'm talking DIVISION!) that has never received any recognition or sponsorship from USPSA at the last several World Shoots--not even friggin' shirts??

Interesting question.

Why is there one entire DIVISION (not category, mind you--I'm talking DIVISION!) that has never received any recognition or sponsorship from USPSA at the last several World Shoots--not even friggin' shirts??

Which division are you talking about?

As for the OP try sending an email to Phil asking if he is thinking of adding a standard and production division junior team for the next World shoot?

One possible reason is the expense of sending teams overseas, might be easier to have more teams when the World Shoot is held in Florida.

Edited by lilbeauxdawg

Most regions will only send a Junior Open Team. If we send Junior Standard and Production teams there is a fair chance there will be no-one to compete with. With about 1000 slots for the typical World Shoot there is a limit to how many different division/categories can be recognized.

Interesting question.

Because it is DEAD and not growing

Interesting question.

Because it is DEAD and not growing

It's not at all dead, but I will admit it's not growing--and that's partially because of the persistent lack of support from USPSA in the past.

There are substantially more people competing in Revolver Division than women shooters and junior shooters period. All should be encouraged by USPSA, but there is no good reason for the organization to start sponsoring "category" teams until all of the USPSA/IPSC-recognized divisions are taken care of first.

jkatz44--I'm sorry I boosted your thread in a different direction than you intended with your question/comment. I do think it's wrong for USPSA to pay for junior Open shooters but not offer the same opportunity to junior shooters who compete in other divisions. I don't think it matters whether other countries send those teams or not. It's nice to talk about "team wins" but when it really comes down to it, IPSC shooting is an individual sport. USPSA should really be more fair in how it divvies up the financial support for the World Shoots.

Ya, I was just thinking that limiting juniors to Open limits who can get on the team and ultimately who goes to the world shoot. Im not complaining just wondering the reason behind it.

Edited by jkatz44

It's not at all dead, but I will admit it's not growing--and that's partially because of the persistent lack of support from USPSA in the past.

There are substantially more people competing in Revolver Division than women shooters and junior shooters period. All should be encouraged by USPSA, but there is no good reason for the organization to start sponsoring "category" teams until all of the USPSA/IPSC-recognized divisions are taken care of first.

jkatz44--I'm sorry I boosted your thread in a different direction than you intended with your question/comment. I do think it's wrong for USPSA to pay for junior Open shooters but not offer the same opportunity to junior shooters who compete in other divisions. I don't think it matters whether other countries send those teams or not. It's nice to talk about "team wins" but when it really comes down to it, IPSC shooting is an individual sport. USPSA should really be more fair in how it divvies up the financial support for the World Shoots.

i agree with all this especially sponsoring the all divisions before anything else

Im with mike on this one revolver division gets the short end of the stick big time in uspsa, not complaining i love revo and uspsa but it doesnt get the support that other divisions do i thinkt hats what makes the growth lack some. its one of the funnest and hardest divisions in uspsa and has some of the nicest people. Also tho Jason I hope you can make the junior team your a hell of a shooter great job at the pro am.