Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new upper

nick romero

Loki and Samson both make outstanding products, especially when you consider thier price, but JP is the best. They've put the most engineering, design and focus into not only every part in the rifle but also the balance of all those parts. They don't just assemble the best parts into a rifle, they make most of those parts themselves. Since most of the parts are made by them (or specifically for them) to be assembled into thier platform, they have the freedom to tighten up tolerances to make everything work especially well. Can someone else make a better rifle? Sure, but JP is making it tougher and tougher to do every day... and still make a profit.

I thought AR uppers were a dime a dozen, then my friend let me shoot his JP, needless to say I now have a JP rifle on order.

I have heard good things about the other companies too but I voted for JP since I have used one.

Edited by Mike21STI

I have a Vltor upper which is excellent. They are the same price almost as a JP. JP makes several different models of uppers, from $160-$800.

I cannot decide on a Vltor or JP. I will be ordering one next week since I found out my Bushmaster upper is out of spec.

I have a Vltor upper which is excellent. They are the same price almost as a JP. JP makes several different models of uppers, from $160-$800.

I cannot decide on a Vltor or JP. I will be ordering one next week since I found out my Bushmaster upper is out of spec.

Flip a coin! Both the Vlor and JP are excellent quality, and you couldn't go wrong with either.

Tar

Loki and Samson both make outstanding products, especially when you consider thier price, but JP is the best. They've put the most engineering, design and focus into not only every part in the rifle but also the balance of all those parts. They don't just assemble the best parts into a rifle, they make most of those parts themselves. Since most of the parts are made by them (or specifically for them) to be assembled into thier platform, they have the freedom to tighten up tolerances to make everything work especially well. Can someone else make a better rifle? Sure, but JP is making it tougher and tougher to do every day... and still make a profit.

+1

I have a JP myself and started looking at the Loki. Loki are well built and really nice, but in the end, i got another CTR02