Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt fed legal?

Ian30000

Alright first question that I haven't been able to find an answer for on my own. Are belt fed guns like this one USPSA legal? Not seriously considering it just a thought exercise, but I can't find anything to the contrary in the USPSA rule books. The reload time would kill you but then again capacity would not be an issue.

post-38874-0-35046500-1341554072_thumb.j

Edited by Ian30000

Semi auto or at least set for semi they are perfectly legal.

Wouldn't the belt have to be shorter than 170MM ?

You could roll lit up into belts that are no wider in diameter than 170mm? That would be cool. The "new" open trick turns out to be belt-fed :devil: . That would be cool to see what people did with belts. Thing is, though, if you've ever carried a belt-fed weapon around, (I did for a bit as a kid) mags are the way to go for what we do. And weight wise, those things will put muscles on you!

Also, firing from the open bolt, doesn't that give up accuracy?

JZ

Edited by JimmyZip

Well I meant the Semi-Auto variant obviously. But whats this about 170mm? Thought mag size didn't matter for Rifles? Also those RPD replicas are supposed to be pretty damn accurate what with the heavy barrel and buffed up receiver. I think it would be fun just to bring one with me to the range just to see the look on everyones face when you unload that thing from the back seat. :surprise: