Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New club questions?

kmca

Our small club is getting its USPSA affiliation soon. We have 2 certified RO's that atttend occasionally and 1 RO that's there almost every month. Do we need a CRO/RM to be at the matches? Do you have to be a certified RM to submit scores? I'm very confused, heck I don't even know if this is the proper forum to place this question?? I know it's a big question but an answer would be appreciated.

Edited by kmca

If you advertise your club to shooters around your locale, you'll get real RO's soon enough who are coming out to shoot your matches. Put 'em to work; they're used to it everywhere else, they won't mind. Certified RM to upload scores? No, otherwise no club's results would ever get uploaded. :lol: No, anyone who has a computer and the match file and is listed with uspsa.org as an authorized uploader for your club can upload results and activity reporting for your matches.

The club contact is usually the one who submits scores to USPSA, but that person can delegate and authorize someone else to do it. To get started all you need is 10 USPSA members to sign an initial roster and submit an application. It nice to have RO's, RM's, and/or a CRO, but not required...but someone has to be up on the rulebook to keep the matches consistent. Good Luck!

It is not needed, but it is beneficial if at least one member is a current or past RO. They can then train the others in basic procedures. I was an "RO" for a couple of years before I was able to take the official class. The only real requirement for teaching new RO's prior to them taking the class is that ALL range commands be taught as they are NOW, not how they did it 10 years ago.

Thanks for the answers. We just got our new club packet from USPSA, but it's at the club and I won't have a chance to look it over until the weekend. I suspect we'll advertise our shoots but the club is a long way from civilization :)

CA has a lot of shooters, you'll be able to draw shooters as long as your club consistently presents fun and interesting matches. Just make sure your match day doesn't conflict with anybody nearby... Your section coordinator should have helped you with setting this up to prevent scheduling conflicts and give you as much chance as success as possible.

Thanks for the answers. We just got our new club packet from USPSA, but it's at the club and I won't have a chance to look it over until the weekend. I suspect we'll advertise our shoots but the club is a long way from civilization :)

Gilroy? :roflol: Where is the club?

BTW: Appendix A1 of the rulebook outlines what you need for different level matches.

Later,

Chuck

Since you pointed me to the rule book, what is 7.3.2 about? Does that mean the designated RM/MD, can't shoot the match or is it supposed to mean, the MD/RM has no official standing while competing only during the specific time that they are shooting?

7.3.2 References in these rules to Range Officials (e.g. “Range Officer”,

“Range Master” etc.), mean personnel who have been officially

appointed by match organizers to actually serve in an official capacity

at the match. Persons who are certified Range Officials, but who are

actually participating in the match as regular competitors, have no

standing or authority as Range Officials for that match. Such persons

should therefore not participate in the match wearing garments bearing

Range Official insignia.

7.2.3 has a lot words in it, but the core to it is:

Persons who are certified Range Officials, but who are actually participating in the match as regular competitors, have no standing or authority as Range Officials for that match.

The range officials can compete in the match as provided for in 6.5.2. Often, for Level I matches, there is no "pre-match", so the main match is where they end up competing anyway. The RO class teaches that there are a few situations when the range official takes off the range official hat: for the duration that the range official is the current competitor for a CoF, for a dropped gun situation where it is the range official's gun that has been dropped.

Since you pointed me to the rule book, what is 7.3.2 about? Does that mean the designated RM/MD, can't shoot the match or is it supposed to mean, the MD/RM has no official standing while competing only during the specific time that they are shooting?

7.3.2 References in these rules to Range Officials (e.g. "Range Officer",

"Range Master" etc.), mean personnel who have been officially

appointed by match organizers to actually serve in an official capacity

at the match. Persons who are certified Range Officials, but who are

actually participating in the match as regular competitors, have no

standing or authority as Range Officials for that match. Such persons

should therefore not participate in the match wearing garments bearing

Range Official insignia.

What that rule says is that even though I am a CRO but I am not working the match in question I have no authority as an official. In other words I can not DQ a shooter unless I am working THAT match.