Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag capacity STI 9mm

Bentsight

I'm currently running an XdM in 9mm with aftermarket springs, followers & extensions in the mags and they will hold up to 23 reloadable. While this gun runs great, I am considering a 2011 in 9mm for Tactical Div. in 3G and was curious how much mag capacity I will have to give up to make the switch.

I apologize if this is a worn out topic but my searchs haven't come up with any good info from someone in the know.

Thanks in advance for your help

I'm not much into 3 gun but is there a magazine length limit for Tac division?

The big sticks (170mm oal) I use for my open gun holds 29 reloadable.

The mediums (146mm oal) hold 24 reloadable.

All are tuned tubes with Grams guts and basepads

I could get another round in both types of mags using Bolen guts but the reliability percentage drops if I don't keep track of spring life.

There is a mag length limit in Tac division. Limit is same as Limited division in USPSA. In tuned 140mm STI tubes with basepads you shouldn't have any trouble getting 22 rounds in them. Probably more like the 23 you're use to. So, I don't think you'll be giving up anything.

just remember, switching from a striker fired to a 2011 that you will have to put the gun on safe and keep it there or unload it completely before you dump it. having the safety off at a dump spot is a huge way to go home early.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the XdM will be stationed in the safe or up for sale.

I followed the recommendations recieved here and the additions to the STI mags allow me 23 reloadable just like the XdM. I used STI 140 tubes, Grams guts, SS spacers and SNL bases.

Thanks again for the help!