Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What gun for standard division

randy01

I'm planning on buying a new 9mm for standard division and the occasional fun shoot around here, what would be a good gun considering the fact we do not have a 10 round limit over here in Europe for our magazines. So hi-cap it must be.

Randy

Here are the approximate prices in France:

Para SA or LDA : Around $1800

SVI around $4500

STI: Around $3300 for an Executive

Tanfoglio Limited HC Custom : around $1500

CZ 75/85 starting around $800

And Randy, I'd say: go for STI, it rocks :D

Rough prices (going by memory, Alzheimer plagued...):

Para P18 Target: € 1'500 ($ 1'800)

SVI Competition: € 2'500 ($ 3'000)

STI Executive: € 3'000 ($ 3'600)

Tanfoglio Limited HC Custom: € 1'500 ($ 1'800)

CZ IPSC Standard: € 1'250 ($ 1'500)

Erik,

a hi-cap .40 mag (126mm) for SVI is about € 90 ($ 110), to which you have to add some € 20 ($ 25) for a +1 aluminum pad.

Randy are you sure you want to shoot Standard? Didn't you mean Production (by saying it has to be 9mm)?

Just to add my 2 cent....

Para SA or LDA : US$2500 (N$15000) if directly imported from RSA

SVI around US$4500 (N$27000) if directly imported from RSA

STI: Around US$3300 (N$20000) for an Edge if directly imported from RSA

CZ75 IPSC ST: US$4000 (N$24000) bought in local gun shop

CZ 75/85 starting around $1300 (N$8000) bought in local gun shop

add ±25% to prices for imports from RSA if bought in local gun shop.

Std Mags go for about for about US$150 for the Para and about US$100 for the S_I then add about US$40 for the +shoes.

Randy if the money is a bit tight, go for a Para - mine has given me brilliant service. If you got a bit to spend look at the S_I range or I think it is SPS ?????? from Spain ???? - heard only good things of it around here.

I took the Tanfo price from Tanfoglio website where you can find the official price list; sometimes local (Italian) dealers will have lower prices due to special offerings and discounts.

Here in Italy we have a very good distributor for SVI, and this is the reason why we can buy SVI and STI at almost the same price (a SS SVI equipped like an Executive will cost almost the same).

OTOH, I acknowledge that for the same price I can buy here an out-of-the-box SVI, I could have it custom built in the US by Benny or Bob or any other top 'smith... :(

Skywalker is right.

I'm sure we have good gunsmiths here in europe, but the cost for a fully custom pistol is very high.

So we have to deal with "regular" pistols.

What about you guys making special prices for "european forum member customers" ;)

The main drawback with the CZ IPSC is that you will break rear sights one after another.

I know at least 6 shooters who broke at three rear sights each.

darn i thought they ha that fixed already <_<

The main drawback with the CZ IPSC is that you will break rear sights one after another.

I know at least 6 shooters who broke at three rear sights each.

darn i thought they ha that fixed already <_<

This counts for the Bo-Mars :angry: as well; fitted a H.P.S.-special (Bonn, Germany) onto my SV Standard gun, this one works for me! :)

Henny.

Joseph van Stokkum a well known Dutch competitor (currently member of the Dutch selection trained by Saul Kirsch) owns a S*I 9 Mickey Mouse.

This gun is reliable and fast as hell!! Joseph is faster with this gun than the Open-gunners, using S*I, Les Bear etc, in my club.

Henny.

Yep Henny give Joseph or any other moderate to top standardshooter any gun in his hands and he will pass all openshooters at your club.

Talking reliable and fast, just a get a glock in 9 or 40. Like me

Greetings from Adrie