Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

60K + round tune up.

98sr20ve

Basically, I have been replacing springs regularly for a while. I had some failures to extract issues (empty case 10% in chamber, bullet of new case jamming it in place). I thought I had it fixed but it came back at the last match. I want to replace everything in the slide and the frame that could cause any issues for the next 60K rounds. Anyone have a parts list? Is there a new extractor I should be looking for? Pretty sure mine has a 11 on it. Gun is a Gen 3 G34.

EDIT: I have found some complete Parts Kits. But I want to pick and choose and not buy parts I don't want.

Edited by 98sr20ve

I was having ejection issues on my glock 22. I used a lone wolf extractor, a HRED plunger assembly and a zev tech extended ejector and switched to a wolf recoil springs (11 lbs). I replaced all these parts at once and my gun runs flawless now. I would go with a stronger recoil spring as mine is an open gun.

I have about the same mileage on my G34 and other than obvious extractor damage, all I'd replace are the obvious and possible wear or breakage items: springs (all, including lock lever spring and mag release spring), pins (all: I've bent locking block pins in a 10mm and broken trigger pins in 9mm), spring load bearing (the little plastic bit in the extractor plunger spring), slide release lever, mag release, plus maybe the slide lock lever.

:cheers:

Curtis

Edited: 'cause I hate tipos typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

• 3 weeks later...

Go to a GSSF match, and tell them the round count...and if they don't immediately suggest it, ask if they'll replace all the springs in your gun and mags. They should be willing, and it should be free.