Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spingfield Marketing Director

GlockOp

Send TGO a message. If he thinks you have a good idea, he'll pass it along. Or you can go to SA website and find a phone number.

I am sure TGO Knows what the problem is. You cannot buy parts for the 5.25. Do you know who their Marketing Director is? Tough to compete with a gun it takes weeks to get parts for.

The problem is the XD(M) line is a pretty good gun but run by a sucky business model at times. If it fits within their view you get pretty good service and a good outcome. On the other hand, they are completely inflexible in their policy with customers and that is it. Case in point, I had my gun custom done and wanted to swap out the sight for the one that came originally with it. Called customer service and was told flat no at any cost. Bet you have a whole box of them in the back room - yes I was told but we won't sell you one. After some prodding I go them to tell me that maybe Dawson would have something. I asked what model number or what size. At that the agent put me on hold, went to the smith and came back with a number. I can understand the need for quality control but the OP is right, we are in the middle of the competition season and one cannot have their primary gun tied up for a few weeks by sending it in. But if you want to use this gun (which I do) those are the rules you have to play with. Not all that complicated.

Good luck with your quest, may your gun never break and then no problem anyway......

• 2 weeks later...

Wasnt sure about the depth of the parts they carried. Would be nice to see SA expand the size of their shooting team.

What would an expanded shooting team do for them? Their entire product line sells faster than they can make it, so I don't think a bigger team will sell more product.

Rich

You can talk to whom ever will listen at Springfield but their parts policy will not change. There are nine parts they will not sell, frame-slide-barrel-firing pin-sear-extractor-safety arm-safety block. As it stands right now the only parts in that list that aren't being made after market are frame-slide-extractor. The extractor maybe the only part that could fail during a match that could be replaced and you might be able to finish but, your match is done for any kind of a good over all finish.

I know some people would like to have every part possible in case of a breakage but it might just be easier to have a second gun for back up or just for parts. I see used XDm's 4.5's sell on the auction sites all the time for less than $450.00, a couple sold last week for under $350.00.

Springfield has had this product line for 10 years and in that time they went from the Service model(4") to a Tactical(5"), Sub-Compact(3"), .45 acp large frame(4&5"), XDm in 3.8-4.5-5.25 in 9mm,.40, and .45. You can get it in black, OD, and dark earth, black or stainless slide, and full size to compact frame. I think they are doing rather well with their business model as is, there is only a very small amount of people complaining about a few parts that aren't available. The guns carry a full lifetime warranty and yes sometimes you have to send the gun in to get parts replaced and they pickup the entire tab including shipping both ways if it is a warranty issue.

Rich

Great post, Rich

I have been shooting XD(M)s since 2006 and nothing has ever broken....ever....I have owned (7):

2006: 9mm service

2006: 9mm XDSC

2007: 9mm Tactical

2010: 9mm XDM 4.5

2010: 40 cal XDM 4.5 Limited

2010: XDM Open 9major

2011: 9mm XDM 5.25

Edited by waynes_world_45