Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which mags for JP/Nordic 22 upper?

Bill Schwab

I have a JP 22 upper on the way, and was wondering which Black Dog Machine mags you guys recommend...I thought I read somewhere to get the ones with stainless steel feed lips (10 or 26 round), is that your experience? Do the 26 round mags work well?

Here's a link to the mags: Mags

Get the ones with the SS feed lips. They will be the most reliable and durable.

Just to add:

I had glass filled nylon BDM mags with polymer lips and the lips were pretty much crap and causing misfeeds within 6 months of use. That's how I switched to the SS lips.

Edited by bagdrag

The only problem with 26rd magazines is they have to be reloaded more often then 50rd magazines.

The poly lipped magazines work fine. I have both poly and steel lip mags, when poly wear out will start using steel lipped mags.

Get the polymer they work fine. I actually get the Sig mags. They are cheaper in my shop than the blackdog and are made by blackdog. No idea what the deal is but the Sig mags were 3 bucks or so cheaper

Go with the X-form steel lip mags. That said, I have a few of the old style polymer lip BDM mags and no issues with those...

44mag.com had the best prices when I bought mine...

Mick

Edited by MickB

Get the ones with the SS feed lips. They will be the most reliable and durable.

Just to add:

I had glass filled nylon BDM mags with polymer lips and the lips were pretty much crap and causing misfeeds within 6 months of use. That's how I switched to the SS lips.

I second that! Any lip on a mag other than SS for. 22 Cal is complete garbage. Constant ftf with my 10/22 until I learned my lesson and started going with SS, then magically all my problems went away.