Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left handed Shadow set up

mizer67

You must have some fairly large hands buddy! I'm a righty but flipping my grip around I notice my thumbs are low. I'd be guessing, because I've never tried mine lefty, a high thumbs or thumbs way out type grip is likely to be a no go. Maybe a glove?? :blink:

You won't be able to get the Adam Tyc Signature Uber-High Grip grip on the Shadow, or really any other pistol being a lefty. Just drop it down a bit to our normal thubs forward grip and you should be fine. I have big mitts and no issues with the brass or gas.

I'm a lefty and have no issue. I have a very high grip too. My right thumbnail is just slightly black after a match, but nothing I can feel while shooting.

This is an external frame rail gun. This type design allows for much higher hand/finger placement than standard nternal frame rails. If you are catching gasses and brass now, how would you shoot anything else without interfering with the slide cycling? You might need to look at adjusting your thumb placement.

I've been running my Shadow in Production for about 6 months after making the switch from SS. My thumb on my right hand is black after every match but nothing I feel while shooting. I ride the safety with the thumb on my left hand just as I do on my SS. I have never had an issue with being hit by brass.

Tav