Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint help

Bruce Warren

Howdy all:

I have an Aimpoint optic that stopped working. I sent it to Aimpoint February 16th and got it back on May 25th with a note from John Enloe stating they no longer manufacture the parts to repair these units.

Is there someone else willing to tackle this repair? I know OKI DOT used to work on Tasco's so I was just wondering if anyone works on Aimpoints.

I tried to attach a photo of the unit but the file is too big. It is an Aimpoint COMP model. I can send photos if you can help.

Thanks and Keep Shootin'

Bruce Warren

Edited by Bruce Warren

Thats an ultra bummer.

<_<

I have a silver one with a larger dot in it if you want to make an offer, I havent used it in several years, it used to be on a revolver so it had an easy life

Edited by AlamoShooter

Had the same issue in 2010. My old Blue Comp shot craps after about 15 years. Was fortunate to find a blue XD used and it started to have an intermitent dot issue early this year as Brit USA described. Was in a hurry and got lucky and found a used Silver Comp SC with a 7moa dot. The blue ones were 10 MOA. Sent the XD to John Enloe a couple months ago and got it back in 2 weeks with a note unrepairable. I really miss shooting with the 10moa blue xd. :(

Marty

A-7424

Edited by martyg00

That type of problem is usually caused by pushing the knob too far onto the rod that is connected to the switch. Each time the switch is turned it loosens the nut underneath it. If you remove the knob, tighten up that nut and then when reinstalling the knob make sure there is a gap between the knob and the body of the scope before tightening the locking screw.

I own several Aimpoints. CompC SM 7 MOA, Comp Blue 7 MOA, T1 4 MOA. Try cleaning the battery compartment with fine steel wool until the brass terminal is shiny. Remove the spring from the battery compartment cap and polish inside with fine steel wool also clean spring. Make sure both are blown clean with dry air. This may help if red dot is intermitten or goes out. Also intall new battery. I've had two Comp XDs' 3MOA & 5 MOA go bad last year. Did not try to get them repaired and they were no longer under warranty. Aimpoint replacement warranty is 10 years. Last I was aware Aimpoint USA could send them back to Aimpoint Sweden for repair for $100.00. Might want to contact John Enloe again and ask about them sending your Comp back to Sweden for repair. Aimpoint USA is not allowed to sell used/refurbished red dots. Nor can they replace with a used or refurbished red dot.

A used Comp Blue 7 MOA just sold on Ebay for $200 a few days ago. CompC SM 7 MOA, Comp Blue, or Comp XD are hard to come by, but once in a while you can find one. Hardest ones to find is the CompC SM 7 MOA and Comp Blue 10 MOA. As far as I know no one repairs Aimpoints, no parts were ever available from Aimpoint. Bushnell does repairs to Tasco Red Dots. Had one repaired free of charge 1.5 years ago a PDP5 with 45mm objective lens and four dot sizes.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Not sure if this is actually available since I didn't order one but sure looks like it is. I know it isn't the repair you are looking for but if a 7moa replacement is an option for you.....

http://www.dpmsinc.com/AIMPOINT-COMPC-SM-7-MOA_p_956.html

If they actualy have them in stock , thats a great deal <_< buy Three

I thank you all for your responses. This dot was on a S&W 625 I bought a couple of years ago. I worked fine till the battery died. I don't even remember what battery it took as I removed it and replaced it with what the guy at Batteries Plus told me was the replacement. After installing the Batteries Plus unit, it didn't turn on. I thought I may have damaged it so I sent it in for repair. If someone can tell me what battery it takes, I'll replace it and try the cleaning tip that was offered.

Thanks for your help and Keep Shootin'

I took my Aimpoint out of retirement last month and installed Energizer 357/303 silver oxide batteries in it. It required 3. The Energizer package says 357/303 replaces 76 and 44 size batteries. I seem to recall running a single large (tall) battery in it years ago, but I couldn't remember the size. I don't know what I'll use if the Aimpoint ever goes out. Doug