Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone own an SVI like this?

user293

I have something similar. The poster that made the comment about RO's wanting extra hearing protection wasn't far off the mark. At the indoor range where I sometimes shoot it definitely calls attention to itself when it goes bang.SVIOpen3.jpg

the grip looks effen intense haha i like it though. what kinda powder do you use? i remember when you were asking for suggestions and i mentioned 3n38 but i cant remember what you settled on?

the grip looks effen intense haha i like it though. what kinda powder do you use? i remember when you were asking for suggestions and i mentioned 3n38 but i cant remember what you settled on?

It is really aggressively stippled for sure. I like it, but my son doesn't.

I ended up using Auto Comp as it's readily available locally and seemed to work fine.

545734_10150887757564375_1015326309_n.jpg

I have an older 4 hole shueman hybrid with four holes and a monster comp. this thing is so flat and soft at 175 pf i drop 10 grains of hs6 under a115 it's amazing. But it's heavy it suits me. Doesn't seem loud to me no louder than my 9 major gun. But the folks around say it's horrid

Edited by Mat Price

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about running that original top end at the Canadian Nationals this year, it'll take a lot of powder to make major but I do live shooting it....the RO's might not be happy with me.....

dont matter. deep down, they love it.

Brandon can lighten the gun up quite a bit. Mobius cutout in the grip and internal slide work can get the weight down. I personally like the weight. Sure it slows transitions but sight recovery is faster. Brandon "can" make a grip out of titanium but whew!!! Titanium is ~11X the material cost of Carbon Steel. Also, I had one of the square port barrels....I replaced it within a month, too loud, too much powder, but sure kept the RO's back :surprise: .

Edited by lneel