Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting for the UPS Truck

sfchorn

The wait is almost over. My new Brazos limited gun is in San Antonio. Just watching for the brown truck of happiness to come to my door.....

When I knew there was a long lead time for Bob to start my gun, it was okay. When I got the call saying it was going out for hard chrome, I was okay. When I was called yesterday to confirm shipping address, I started getting antsy. Now the UPS site shows it's on the truck for delivery, and I'm on pins and needles.

:D

I always feel that way when I see the tracking website that says out for delivery. im waiting for parts too, but its not gonna be here until Friday, great thing, rather than being extended til Tuesday next week since Monday is a holiday.

Getting an Ammo delivery, been on the truck since 0430 this morning and it's thundering, and about ready to pour. UPS guy will hate me, 39 lbs ;) Not sure if it was sent Adult sign required or not.

ETA: Signature not required. Arrived at 1900, looked outside and the boxes were starting to split, guess the UPS person threw them on the front step, which is interesting since it was 1000 rounds of live ammo in each box :surprise:

ETA II: shipping weight was 78 lbs not 39 lbs

Edited by Olivers_AR

Oh yeah, expecting my new blaster on Tuesday. (I'm hoping he remembered that Monday is a holiday when he told me that. I'm not positive he can send an overnight package on Monday. Otherwise I might not get it until Wednesday! :sick: )

What makes it worse is that I'm sitting around doing nothing this weekend when I could be at a match shooting my new pistol. Yeah, I have other guns I could shoot, but I'm too amped up over this one to care about the others right now.

I expect to be real busy at work the next week or two. It may be very difficult to get off next weekend to go to a match. For that matter, it may be difficult to get time to make it to my FFL to pick up the gun when it comes in. :surprise:

A couple of vehicles in the driveway. Take the time to knock? No, lets just leave it on the steps. :angry2:

Both FedEx and UPS are sprinters around here. They usually ring the bell. My computer chair is about 20 feet from the front door and if I'm real quick to jump up and get to the door when I hear it, I might see him getting back in his truck. Pause for a moment to set down my drink and when I get to the door, if I see the truck at all, it's pulling away around the corner.

The wait is almost over. My new Brazos limited gun is in San Antonio. Just watching for the brown truck of happiness to come to my door.....

When I knew there was a long lead time for Bob to start my gun, it was okay. When I got the call saying it was going out for hard chrome, I was okay. When I was called yesterday to confirm shipping address, I started getting antsy. Now the UPS site shows it's on the truck for delivery, and I'm on pins and needles.

:D

Mine goes out to be chromed next week so I know EXACTLY what you mean! Long wait is almost over........;)